X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I like your last thought about the conversation between the designer and the wearer, and this is the ideal of fashion to me. Needless to say most of the fashion industry does not operate this way. But, then again, we don't care for most of the fashion industry.

About style is growth, does that mean that 35yr olds wearing Supreme are retards (in the most direct sense of the word)?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
      • Apr 2013

CCP is the most stagnant brand discussed in this forum, and you're putting evolution into the discussion? you lost me there.
      Originally posted by unwashed
      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
      Originally posted by Ahimsa
      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Erich Fromm
        • May 2017

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I like your last thought about the conversation between the designer and the wearer, and this is the ideal of fashion to me. Needless to say most of the fashion industry does not operate this way. But, then again, we don't care for most of the fashion industry.

About style is growth, does that mean that 35yr olds wearing Supreme are retards (in the most direct sense of the word)?
        Not to trigger anyone, but in my opinion most people who wear supreme are idiots.

Comment

• Erich Fromm
          • May 2017

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
          CCP is the most stagnant brand discussed in this forum, and you're putting evolution into the discussion? you lost me there.
          Haha you're not wrong! But that was meant more as my personal evolution in style, plus I have no literal reference of people in their style evolution, because sadly everyone my age either has no interest at all in culture, fashion etc. Or they think that Supreme is the most "lit high fashion fam".

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."

-Philosopher Paris Hilton
            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Dropt
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Erich Fromm View Post
              Not to trigger anyone, but in my opinion most people who wear supreme are idiots.
              You should probably stop making gross statements…

Comment

• Erich Fromm
                • May 2017

Originally posted by Dropt View Post
                You should probably stop making gross statements…

Comment

• Nickefuge
                  • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                  "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."

-Philosopher Paris Hilton

Thanks for my new signature! Haha
                  -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Erich Fromm View Post
                    Have you met any people who wear Supreme?
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Erich Fromm
                      • May 2017

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                      Have you met any people who wear Supreme?
                      Everyone at my school wears supreme nearly exclusively.

Comment

• Erich Fromm
                        • May 2017

Maybe I should have not generalized so much. Let me rephrase: Most people I am aquainted to who wear Supreme are idiots.

Comment

• ihsniim
                          • Sep 2015

Yeah you probably should have specified that first. Deeming people idiots based on what they choose to wear just seems downright condescending and ironically shallow. Sure, you may not agree with their culture and tastes, but coming to a judgment on their character simply based on that just presents what seems to be a prejudiced, bitter perspective.

Comment

• Erich Fromm
                            • May 2017

Originally posted by ihsniim View Post
                            Yeah you probably should have specified that first. Deeming people idiots based on what they choose to wear just seems downright condescending and ironically shallow. Sure, you may not agree with their culture and tastes, but coming to a judgment on their character simply based on that just presents what seems to be a prejudiced, bitter perspective.
                            Of course you are absolutely correct. I suppose I generalized too much based on my own experience. To be quite honest I have built up a bit of prejudice against people who like to wear Supreme coming from that experience. Please don't take what I wrote too seriously.

Comment

• stagename
                              • Oct 2011

hey peeps, i'm starting an (academic) research project on wardrobe reduction/capsule wardrobe/uniform-ing. If you've greatly reduced your wardrobe recently or are in the process of doing so, I'd be happy to talk to you, most probably through Skype. It should take about 45 to 60 minutes. You don't need to prepare anything. If you're interested, send me a PM and I can tell you more about it.

And since we're in style philosophy, I thought I'd talk a bit about this. The idea for the research came to me as I went through this myself about a year and a half ago. I'm now down to a few pairs of pants, two pairs of the same shorts, one tee (of which I have 7 or 8 of), a couple of cashmere sweaters, a blazer, two pairs of sneakers, one pair of boots, one pair of shoes, and one scent. I allow myself more jewelry and jackets to mix things up a bit, and I have a different home outfit. The trigger was a long work-leisure trip I did during the summer of 2016 where I went around with a 25L bag. When I came back, I realized I didn't need a lot of what I own, and I went on redux mode. Not quite Marie style, but the intent was on reducing. I had been fine with what I had when I was traveling. I also came across a lot of articles on designers who had a uniform (hi rick, thom, wang, boris, alber, karl, the list goes on). I was at a point where I had a whole room dedicated for my wardrobe. I was spending an insane amount of time sorting, organizing, cleaning, choosing, prepping, shopping, etc. Although I understand it might not be for everybody, I feel it has greatly simplified this part of my life. The benefits it brought outweigheted the drawbacks: I always loved created outfits, which I don't do anymore. But on the plus side, I'm often abroad and packing now takes 10 minutes. My morning routine has been greatly reduced as well. I always know what to wear because I don't have to make the associated decisions. And I'm comfortable with this because I did spend a lot of time fine-tuning the few articles I have. I spend virtually no time shopping. I'm still following fashion, though, perhaps more than I used to. I guess I'm consuming more vicariously than I previously did. It has also allowed me to buy a few items I wouldn't have splurge on otherwise, since my clothing budget has been reduced by a lot. I took me a while to get there, though. In any case! Hope this fueled some thoughts, this thread had been dead for a while ;)

Comment

• unwashed
                                • Dec 2008

I have tried to capsule my wardrobe. I failed :P. Although due to limiting myself with a smaller closet made me get rid of a lot of stuff. While in the process of selling/giving away a great part of my wardrobe, I found myself still attracted to buy new stuff from time to time. So instead of minimizing my wardrobe, I have minimized the different designers I wear. My closet now consists of roughly 95% Rick Owens/Drkshdw, 3% CCP and rest is some random stuff (most of it is for sale and isn't worn anymore). Would love to change the RO/CCP percentages, but my wallet does not support this haha. Even my pj's/loungewear/work clothing for around the house is Rick (kinda insane when I think of it though). The reason for going all in on 1 designer was also to save time forming fits and have more consistent outfits. Basically everything in my wardrobe will fit together when I pick an outfit and I do not have to think about what I want to wear that much any more. This was different for when I wore a mixture of different designers from AnnD, BBS, _7, TVA etc etc.... I just grab a tee, top (sweater/knit/hoodie/zipper), jeans/trousers, shoes and coat depending on weather. Saves me the hassle with changing fits that afterwards did not work and "my style" or rather my outfits are consistent. Only factor now is the weather that will determine what I choose, I spend on average 5 minutes choosing what to wear. Also shoppingtime is reduced since I mostly go to stores that sell RO/Drkshdw and usually know what I'm looking for.

I know minimizing the # of designers vs # garments is perhaps not what you are looking for in your research, but it might fall in the category of uniforming. You may pm me if you are still interested to talk about this for your research.
                                Grailed link

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎