[quote user="AKA*NYC"]This thread is in sore need of a basketball.[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you. PM sent.

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
      • Jan 2008

Re: dilemna

Hmmmm! I used to play basketball when I was younger, after eight years I quit,
      I guess I was tired bouncing balls with a group of men ... One day half asleep,
      I stumbled into a dancestudio ... ballet class ... a quite stunnig sight met me, I was
      right awake ... a space full of female bodies, moving, in skintight fabrics, revealing
      every line and curve of these beautiful bodies ... I have never left ... hmmm, what was
      it I wanted to say? I think I lost track ... Ahhh yes! Style philosophy! [51]

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
      Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• kira
        • Mar 2008

[quote user="BECOMING-INTENSE"]

I stumbled into a dancestudio ... ballet class ... a quite stunnig sight met me, I was
        right awake ... a space full of female bodies, moving, in skintight fabrics, revealing
        every line and curve of these beautiful bodies
        ... I have never left ... hmmm, what was

[/quote]

never understood why more men did not come for that reason alone...[^o)]

I too used to dribble a bit with basketball. was short so i could very easily sneak in and out for the lay-up. I never got tired of *&^*%$*^# with the men.[83] But I too happened into a dance class one day, it was a stunning experience for sure. Not quite for the same reasons as you, but have never left permanently myself either, been a part of my life for many many years. just got back into it after a bit of a hiatus.

back to style philosophy [51]

do you find that dance has influenced the type of clothing that you wear? fabric, style, fit, etc.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• matthewhk
          • Jan 2007

Michael Jackson is a great style inspiration of mine. Not in the clothes I wear, but his flamboyant yet enigmatic nature is cool as hell to me. The epitome of a rock star.

Comment

• clay
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]Michael Jackson is a great style inspiration of mine. Not in the clothes I wear, but his flamboyant yet enigmatic nature is cool as hell to me. The epitome of a rock star.
            [/quote]

That is not uncommon actually. Thats why he is such a huge star, he inspires people in many ways. Too bad he's nuts. I think all the greats lose it. Miles, Elvis, Sinatra......

Comment

• matthewhk
              • Jan 2007

with Jackson, as with all those other greats, the madness is part of the appeal to me. Having crossed that line myself a loooong time ago, it's comforting to know i'm in good company ;)

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

[quote user="clay"]

[quote user="matthewhk"]Michael Jackson is a great style inspiration of mine. Not in the clothes I wear, but his flamboyant yet enigmatic nature is cool as hell to me. The epitome of a rock star.
                [/quote]

That is not uncommon actually. Thats why he is such a huge star, he inspires people in many ways. Too bad he's nuts. I think all the greats lose it. Miles, Elvis, Sinatra......

[/quote]

the mind of a genius in general tends to teeter that fine line of sanity. That is what enables greatness. It is inherent in the psychology.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="BECOMING-INTENSE"]

every line and curve of these beautiful bodies ... I have never left ... hmmm, what was

[/quote]

The question is, are they interested? Especially with the pervasive gay stereotype in dance.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="BECOMING-INTENSE"]

[/quote]

The question is, are they interested? Especially with the pervasive gay stereotype in dance.

[/quote]

dont forget the one in basketball or fashion or art or luging, bobsleding, whaling, astronauts, politicians...

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kira
                      • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="BECOMING-INTENSE"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

true. the stereotype is there for sure. but in my experience not as predominant as one tends to think.

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="kira"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="BECOMING-INTENSE"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

true. the stereotype is there for sure. but in my experience not as predominant as one tends to think.

[/quote]

ah, but this what makes becoming-intense's strategy so brilliant....[79]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• kira
                          • Mar 2008

[quote user="laika"][quote user="kira"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="BECOMING-INTENSE"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

ah, but this what makes becoming-intense's strategy so brilliant....[79]

[/quote]

brilliant indeed.[75] i think it also depends on the type of dance, which I think is based on the cultural influence of the style. For example, in my tango and salsa classes most of the men there are slyly hitting on the women...[86] it's actually funny. sometimes overtly as well...but in my ballet classes i seem to encounter less of that, plus in my ballet classes there are usually mostly women, with perhaps one or two men.

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                            • Aug 2007

"just because i like ballet doesnt mean im a poof, you know."

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

yes billy elliot [74]

i meant the are less people trying to overtly 'hit' on you so to speak, if even for the mere fact that my classes have been primarily women. ballet classes are also more strict usually in terms of socializing...not supposed to carry on conversations, etc.

Comment

• kira
                                • Mar 2008

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="BECOMING-INTENSE"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

dont forget the one in basketball or fashion or art or luging, bobsleding, whaling, astronauts, politicians...

[/quote]

[86] precisely

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎