X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael_Robartes
    • May 2013

Dudley gray. I don't think I have if you reread
    The quoted section it is what I was saying if your not bein pedantic.
    I have taken the words as they are written so perhaps I should contextualise but I'm not familiar with her work and the sentence is pretty conclusive in itself
    Yack you too also are being pedantic and your writing is confusing. I do believe nietszche did not write in English so multiple translations are around. The quote isn't misquoted either as far as I'm aware. Please see google. Book: Thus Spake Zarathustra, Part III.
    Chapter: Of the Spirit of Gravity, section 2, end.
    And lastly dorje my suspicions are confirmed that you seem to believe in a very different, much more radical branch of Buddhism. Claiming nirvana is here and now and claiming that Buddhism doesn't believe in an awakening and achievement of greater consciousness

Comment

• Michael_Robartes
      • May 2013

See Faust. I don't think my posts do really need to say much because you either get people like interest1 trolling or people making things up like dorje
      Internet isn't for proper discussion because people just don't take it seriously so I don't think I need to either.

Comment

• Dorje
        • Oct 2013

I'm not making anything up, although I do admit to not being fully serious either.

1st, you were just looking to stir the pot, 2nd this thread is already off track as has been pointed out and isn't the place to have a long discussion/debate.

My view on nirvana is from the vajrayana school of Buddhism and is closer to true than viewing nirvana as a destination.

My view on awakening is simply based on the view of buddhanature, that everyone has the basic nature as the Buddha, it is just obscured by afflictive emotions. So you already have this greater consciousness you are referring to. This is Buddhism 101.

Comment

• kamsky
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
          can someone please re-rail this thread.
          Though this may well be deemed objectionably reductive: I wear what I enjoy.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dorje View Post
            right here, right now.

Congrats on your 100th post!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                UNDERCOVER / UNDERCOVERISM
                I really like that.

I'm in Indiana, where I grew up, for business travel. I was never aware just how homophobic this place is. Growing up, I thought I'd hated it here largely because of the racism and the lack of culture, but it's not just that. I've realized that a large part of my insecurities and anger growing up was a result of the homophobia. I'm not gay but I have characteristics that don't fit into the traditional masculine mould, so I'd constantly hear people talking about gay stereotypes in a disparaging tone like I'm OK with that because I'm straight.

A lot of the clothing I'm drawn to blurs gender lines. Skinny jeans, skirted pants, drapey sweaters, etc. There's so much more aesthetically to women's clothing than men's clothing, so clothing like stuff I find here, it's very liberating. I'm not intending on cross-dressing or being transgender by any means, but certainly having a little more wiggle room in the way I dress is nice.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                  I really like that.
                  I did, too, until Undercover did a Uniqlo collaboration a year later after slapping that manifesto on each of their garments.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Ambitot
                    you don't need a lot of cloths in your wardrobe to look good

end of story
                    Please stop posting. Read more, post less until you have something intelligent to say.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                      • Nov 2008

If people with 1k posts should get a life, what should people with 31k posts do?

Faust, you lazy stalker! Get a life!
                      sain't

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

That's my point of view on the topic. Who are you to say, what i should post? Telling people what they should do, is not intelligent.

People with 1k posts on forum should get a real life imo. But i don't stalk them in every thread, telling what they should do.
                        1) random idiot: Hey this is important, you should do this!
                        2) older poster: that is fucking stupid because of x!
                        3) random idiot: get a life, this isn't important, you post too much!
                        4) older poster: ...

This happens on every forum about 5 times a day.
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

That's my point of view on the topic. Who are you to say, what i should post? Telling people what they should do, is not intelligent.

People with 1k posts on forum should get a real life imo. But i don't stalk them in every thread, telling what they should do.

lol. good luck, homes.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

sigh...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

i made this post to see how many posts i have made.

edit - holy shit 2,284 posts. my life is empty and without value.
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• curiouscharles
                                • Jan 2008

i'm ___ many posts away from an empty life.

edit: 236 - i can do this team!

-

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎