Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m.z
    • Mar 2018

I have an X-Pro2 and I don't see myself buying another camera for a long time, though sometimes I wish I got the X-T2 instead for the flip out display and bigger viewfinder display. I mostly use my camera for travel with the 35mm/f2.0 lens and I cared about form factor, control scheme, and autofocus speed the most. Look into the X100F, X-Pro2/X-T2, or X-E3. The X-E3 is smaller and doesn't have waterproofing or the hybrid viewfinder that the X-Pro2 has but it's a lot cheaper. The X100F is a shrunk down X-Pro2 with a builtin lens but it's more expensive than the X-E3 because it pretty much has all the features of the X-Pro2. It's probably my favorite in terms of form factor but I prefer 35mm to the 23mm lens that it has. All of these cameras have the same sensor so picture quality is the same, but the X-T2 is better for video.

Comment

• CharlesDarwin
      • Jun 2018

I did a mountain of research a couple years ago and ended up with an Olympus OMD. I couldn't be happier. Lightweight, beautiful design, reasonable price, and the range of lens is pretty impressive. I mostly shoot with a 25 mm (which is the equivalent of a 50mm full frame). Check it out, and in general, look up the micro 4/3rds family of cameras - I think they represent a good blend of valuable characteristics (price, performance, ergonomics, etc.)

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

really hard to say without knowing what size, functionality and price range you are looking for. I would start with size because you can find a wide spectrum of options in every size from full frame DSLR's (such as Canon 5D) to actually pocketable compacts (Sony RX100), between those would be smaller DSLR's and micro 4/3rds (Olympus, Panasonic Lumix)or similar mirrorless cameras (Sony A6500 etc)
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Do_Decor
          • Jul 2018

At some point I consolidated every lens and body into a Sony RX1r and am still very happy with the usability and the lens/sensor combination. I recommend getting a used one for around 1k. Its 24mp will be more thsn enough to accomodate the real rez you will get out of handheld shots. It‘s a wellmade item, fits into a midsize bag, looks and feels great in a Gariz halfcase. For the most part I use it in shutter prio mode with auto iso by just changing the aperture as required.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

It's very tempting as I love taking off every single ounce I can when I travel, but I am just sick of upgrading technology and induced obsolescence. But if I was buying my first DSLR, I'd hit it.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎