X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

judging by the grd2 I'd say its pretty straightforward. play with settings, point and shoot.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endersgame
      • Aug 2009

bumping this for ftb.

you might want to consider a camera system with manual focus (not push button focus!) perhaps a DSLR platform but with manual Zeiss lenses..

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

thanks for the bump enders

man i just read through this thread and realized i have absolutely no idea about this medium....LOL time to hit the books like a motherfucker.
        Last edited by Fade to Black; 03-17-2010, 11:50 PM.
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Arcane
          • Jul 2008

So, I'm looking for a new allaround zoom lens for my 400d. I'm considering going for the 17-40, mainly because I plan on switching to a FF body in not to long and want something that last and isn't plastic. Is the 17-40 worth it's price? I would prefer something with IS but then it's either up in price or for a cropped sensor.
          Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I would suggest the Canon 17-55 IS but its EF-S. great lens though, I pick ot over my L-lens 99% of the time.

the 17-40mm should be good, but imo its pretty wide on a FF body actually.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Arcane
              • Jul 2008

Yeah, I see your point but I just find it rather meaingless to pay for a EF-S lens when I most likely will upgrade to FF withing the next year or so. How much do the IS actually matter?
              Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

yea that makes sense, I was actually worried about the same when I bought mine but I never ended up upgrading the body.

any particular reason you're planning to upgrade? I'm just curious as I was planning on changing but after using basic dslr's for years, I realized that theres really nothing else I need since I prefer the slight (physical) size advantage compared to most FF bodies, and image quality is largely dictated by having the right lenses.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

compiled sample shots of the Canon S90:. apart from modest brightness and contrast adjustments, these are untouched.

last thumb is linked to full size image

Comment

• nakata
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2009

i don't really need a new camera, but from what i've seen from those pics. i want get Canon S90. Thanks for those shots, M! i've been trying to get it at good price. is $340 good deal to get it from circuit city after 15% bcb?

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

sounds good to me, its something like 400 euros here ($500+)

Comment

• Jonn
                        • Mar 2008

is nikon getting any love here??

so ive been shooting film with a fm2n for a while and i want something more. i'd love to own a f4(used) but i dont know if it'd be money well spent since i almost always shoot with either a 28 2.8 AI-s or a 50 1.4 AI-s. Is matrix metering that important?

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

those are some great shots for the price of 400 euros

thanks for the examples lowrey.
                          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Vanna
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                            those are some great shots for the price of 400 euros

thanks for the examples lowrey.
                            +100. Those are great sample shots. I kind of hate lugging around my nikon D80, and have been thinking about getting a small point and shoot and this looks like great pics at a reasonable price. I feel kind of guilty for wanting to get a Canon though. ha.
                            Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Torchiere
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              compiled sample shots of the Canon S90:. apart from modest brightness and contrast adjustments, these are untouched.
                              Are these all shot in auto?

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

1 auto
                                2 AV - aperture priority
                                3 auto
                                4 auto
                                5 manual
                                6 macro mode
                                7-9 manual

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎