X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marsa
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by munch View Post
    is it worth the extra ton of cash to get the M9 over the M8(.2)? full frame in all its glory... hmm. probably the only reason for choosing the M9 over M8.2 right. I need the camera to be rather compact :(
    buy a leica MP and a nikon coolscan instead and use the rest of the money for film!

Comment

• munch
      • Aug 2008

well both cameras I can get really cheap (less than 1/2 of retail price) so it's not really a pile of cash I'd put into it.. just curious if there were any more reasons to choose the M9 over the M8, cause the M8 would be quite a lot cheaper :p and I kind of want the focal length multiplier cause I want to shoot rather wide shots, so it is tempting to get the M9 instead..

I was actually considering getting an awesome film camera too but I'm really not a film guy after all my attempts with it... very much prefer digital.

thanks for the advice guys

Comment

• dmash
        • Jun 2011

Just wanted to say that my lady and I recently picked up a D3100 and are not only surprised at how much better you can photograph with this over a simple P&S, but also at how easy the learning curve is! Definitely recommend this as a 'starter' DSLR to anyone in the market.

Comment

• b_z
          • Jul 2011

Anybody waiting for Nex 7, Alpha 77 & 16-50/2.8 ?

I already own a Nex 5, an A550, M-mount and A-mount lenses, and I don't really know if I should buy both Nex 7 & A77, or Nex 5N and A77, or Nex 5N, Nex7 and LAEA2 adapter...
          My Photography: Website/Facebook Page

Comment

• marsa
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by laughed View Post
            Hey Marsa, I finally did it - I made the M6 purchase! woohoo! It arrives on Wednesday. Have you used any of the Voigtländer lenses? The Summicrons are nice but a bit pricey.
            Have used both the pancake 35/2,5 and the ultron 50 / 1.4 , BUT if you are in it for the long run - opt for leica glass. You will not regret it.

currently using summicron 35/2.0 and 50/2.0 - both pre-asph.

Comment

• nictan
              • Jul 2009

sooo. I've finally gotten round to saving up enough to get a camera. been pushing it for quite sometime.

few months back, was pretty decided on getting the S95 back then. is it still one of the better point&shoot cameras out there?

I'm no photographer, so will definitely be looking for something easy to use.

Comment

• munch
                • Aug 2008

there is the S100 out now though :) but the S95 is great and compact, guessing the S100 is better and just as compact

Comment

• nictan
                  • Jul 2009

ahhh. that i didn't know. hmmm. i think the s100 might be an overkill for me, since i don't need the latest in photography equipment. probably something that can last me a good number of years.

am looking on ebay now for the s95 and theres a number of them with free accessories + add ons for <400usd

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                    • Jun 2009

For the above discussion of Full Frame vs Cropped Sensor. I shot cropped sensor for years...D70, then D2X, then Leica M8. I thought I liked my photos. They were "good"...but then I bought the D3S (And will soon be purchasing the Leica S2) and cannot say enough how much better my photos are, and how much happier I am with the product I'm putting out. It's night and day. I have a few interns who shoot for me and they all use cropped sensors...and I'll grab their cameras in a shoot to test and it just instantly reassures me that full frame is the way to go. Yes, it's more expensive...maybe a lot more expensive, but...if you're serious about your photos it's the ONLY way to go. PM me if you want a link to my portfolio so I can show you where the DX shots end and where the FX shots begin.
                    Le 21ème

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                      • Jun 2009

What did Merz say? I don't see any of his posts referencing my photos. Anyhow, PM me for a link to my portfolio please
                      Le 21ème

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by nictan View Post
                        few months back, was pretty decided on getting the S95 back then. is it still one of the better point&shoot cameras out there?
                        I'd say its still one of the best options for an actually pocketable camera

the S100 is improved though, new and better processor, full HD video recording, longer lens range, etc... but the S95 is great nevertheless.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• nictan
                          • Jul 2009

alright thanks for the feedback. think i'll get the S95 then. :)

Comment

• marsa
                            • Feb 2011

28mm, 2nd gen (1976 ish)

just picked up this one for a bargain price, excited to see how the external viewfinder and the lack of 28mm framelines messes up my workflow.

Comment

• _yoo
                              • Jul 2011

Thanks for the S95 recommendation. Got it a while ago - it was fantastic.
                              Btw it's on sale today on amazon at $229, record low price
                              link

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

For those who use DSLR/interchangeable lens cameras...what lenses do you own, specifically, where's a good place to start with regard to focal lengths.

New camera I bought came with an "okay" 14-42 (28-84 in 35mm format), and I bought a 14mm f2.5 (28 equivalent). Wondering where I should look next.
                                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎