X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

the point and shoots you mentioned are good for what they are, but a dslr is always a dslr. it provides more control and better images, but if you feel like you don't need it then going with a smaller one might be wise.

also depends on whether or not you're willing to carry a dslr around, I often do, but every now and then I prefer to grab the Ricoh to go... and then end up feeling slightly bummed since it can't perform to the level of a dslr
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ agreed. dslr will always have a bigger sensor. can't get around physics - you know that, theetruscan ;-)
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        /\ agreed. dslr will always have a bigger sensor. can't get around physics - you know that, theetruscan ;-)
        Yeah, yeah... I know. But, i'm looking for better, more flexible, etc, but not for pro quality (I know I am not pro quality). Currently leaning to the soon to be released panasonic micro 4/3rds after talking to some people. I dunno. I think swappable lenses is pretty fantastic.
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Sep 2008

i have the Ricoh GR2 and now check this out. GR III F 1.9 28mm 10 Mega Pixel, seriously crazed. Now if only I can scrounge up enough $$$.

http://gizmodo.com/5323771/ricoh-gr-...nds-all-sweaty

I've owned the GR1 & GR2 and I def. reccomend it IF you don't mind not having a zoom lense (prime lenses are better in my opinion anyways). I also have the wide angel attachment and cheap external flash that cost me 30 bucks but works great.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Well, after all this SZ camera talk, my Nikon decided to commit suicide. Fuck. I wonder what it will cost to fix a broken lense telescoping mechanism.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
              • Jan 2007

Canon are a bit late to the party but nonetheless this looks great.

Pre-IFA 2009: Next comes the PowerShot S90 digital compact, resurrecting Canon's S-series of compact 'photographers' cameras. It features a 28-105mm F2.0-4.9 stabilized lens with a control ring built around it that enables control of camera settings such as exposure compensation. It also offers a 3 inch LCD with 461k dot resolution in a slim, compact body. Like the G11, it includes the high sensitivity 10MP sensor and Digic 4 noise reduction to make up a 'Dual Anti-Noise System.' In keeping with the photographers' camera brief, the S90 includes manual control and RAW shooting.

F/2.0 and the same sensor as the G11 in a genuinely pocketable camera. No viewfinder but they're kind of worthless on portables anyway.
              Originally posted by jogu
              i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

wow interesting, I was wondering if they'll make an equivalent. f/2, ISO3200 and stabilizer sound like quite a combination, though the images will probably be soft at such a low aperture and grainy at the highest iso, but I think this could still be pretty awesome.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• cryhavoc
                  • Jun 2008

At least they didn't try and bump up the megapixels. Anything more than 8mp is just detrimental at that sensor size in my opinion - the photosites are small enough as it is.

That said, I just copped a great deal on an M645 Pro on eBay...

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

agreed, the megapixel craze is pretty funny.

cool, I have a regular M645, awesome camera

Comment

• cryhavoc
                      • Jun 2008

Glad to hear it! Let's inspire some film love around here. Can't wait for it to arrive! My friend has a 6x7 Press and it drives me crazy. There's something so satisfying about enlarging and being able to just keep going larger and larger without terrible grain...

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

anyone had any experience with the Lumix DMC-ZS3? looking for a point and shoot that'll give decent quality snaps without a plethora of manual controls I won't use.

Comment

• jcotteri
                          • Jun 2008

D if i means anything I have the Lumix DMC-FS3.. budget..
                          It was great to start off with, some quality images.. But then it got knocked around a month after i bought it, and has been broken ever since. cheap plastic case being more the culprit than my normal handling..

It seems the ZS3 is mainly boasting the HD video 720p and 60 fps and AVCHD Lite HD recording capabilities.. The optics seem pretty good though, which was the only reason i bought mine.. for the price that is..also a nice 460k screen on the back.. seems a little pricey but alright..

oh how one can wish
                          WTB: This

Comment

• imjustincognito
                            • Aug 2009

anyone had experience with bessas? im thinking about grabbing and R2A for my bag, since my mamiya rzii is way too big to lug around daily.

Comment

• raddy
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

I've been thnking about getting the cannon fixed 50mm 1.4f lens, mainly to do portraits. anyone used that or have any other thoughts on whther that's a good idea?
                              I borrowed my friend's xsi (I had forgotten mine in the States) last time I was in Tokyo and ran around with only that lens and LOVED it.

For portraits, you get much better subject isolation. You can really pull off the crystal sharp face right into very blurred background much better than on the kit zoom. (better depth of field) The amount that your focal point is sharp relative to the rest of the frame seems significantly higher which is great for portaits or macro shots with a background. (I know these are cheesy shots but I'm a sucker for stuff like this:

But this was taken on my crappy zoom lens and you can see the line between the stone and the background doesn't real pop very well even after some post production. Sadly I somehow lost the sd card with everything I took on the 1.4 fixed, but I will definitely pick one up in the near future!

Other thoughts on that lens -- It is obviously way better for night photography as you can shoot way faster with the wide ap. That being said, and because I'm super slacker, I probably wouldn't use this lens as much as a zoom at night unless I really felt it was needed. (You plan on taking lots of pictures of people or moving things) The reason is that shot selection is more limited in poor lighting conditions and the flexibility the zoom provides can sometimes open up possibilities you can't capture well with the fixed, but I'm sure better photographers would disagree.
                              Looking for CCP Rain in 50, IS/MA+ loose trousers (IS S/S10!!)

Comment

• MikeN
                                • Nov 2007

FUUUUUUUUU-

Dammit I was about to buy the 2, now I need to have this one!

Originally posted by 29.97 View Post
                                i have the Ricoh GR2 and now check this out. GR III F 1.9 28mm 10 Mega Pixel, seriously crazed. Now if only I can scrounge up enough $$$.

http://gizmodo.com/5323771/ricoh-gr-...nds-all-sweaty

I've owned the GR1 & GR2 and I def. reccomend it IF you don't mind not having a zoom lense (prime lenses are better in my opinion anyways). I also have the wide angel attachment and cheap external flash that cost me 30 bucks but works great.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎