X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acid, Bitter and Sad
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by laughed View Post
    to owners of any of the grs ---- how does this thing feel? it looks like it might be a little on the cheap side, as far as the build...or is it just me?
    the GRDs are very well built. the user interface, and the placements of the controls are excellent!!

Comment

• laughed
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
      anyone here into film? large format? wet plate?

*crickets*
      Been juggling M6, RF, and G2...think I'm going with an M6. Have some old Nikons and Pentax that are pretty good, but it's time to step it up.

Comment

• munch
        • Aug 2008

how much would I need to pay for a leica or panasonic lumix dslr USED? just pondering with the idea... I would love to own one

Comment

• laughed
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by munch View Post
          how much would I need to pay for a leica or panasonic lumix dslr USED? just pondering with the idea... I would love to own one
          eBay...
          anyway....i know this is a camera forum and not a photographer forum, but i have to say that Antoine D'agata is the man. I like Mark Borthwick as well.

Comment

• sshum88
            • Dec 2007

I've been thinking of purchasing a new camera to complement my Canon point & shoot and came across this new Olympus PEN EP-1. Initial reviews appear to be positive. This isn't a DSLR...more like something in between a point and shoot and DSLR. Price is less than $1000 which is nice.

From the OM system 35mm SLRs and lenses to the XA series rangefinders and the half-frame Pen models, Olympus has for at least half a century been notable for producing cameras that are smaller than their competitors without sacrificing quality or functionality. And they haven't stopped; the E-450 and its predecessors are still the world's smallest digital SLRs, and the new E-620 is considerably smaller than similarly specified competitors (finally realizing the 'smaller format, smaller camera' promise we were all sold on when Four Thirds originally launched).
            Originally posted by eat me
            If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

the EP1 one is a pretty interesting camera, more or less importantly it looks great. its worth noting that even though its somewhat smaller, the body weight is closer to a basic DSLR than a point and shoot camera. apparently the focus is slightly lacking and slow, making lo light shooting a bit hard. the image quality is fantastic though, on par with entry level DSLR's.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• sshum88
                • Dec 2007

The EP1 looks to be about the same size as the cameras mentioned on the previous pages but weight is hovering around the same as DSLR as mentioned by the previous poster. I like having something that is not so buiky but not so sure if I like the slow focus. There are always trade-offs when you want something smaller (EP1 lacks a viewfinder and built-in flash) so it comes down to how important the size is.
                Originally posted by eat me
                If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• laughed
                  • Jul 2009

Still haven't pulled the trigger on a new digital yet...but just got an excellent condition G2 in the mail today, nice Zeiss lens. Now only if T.A.D. gear made sweet camera bags to house the thing in.

Comment

• outline
                    • Jan 2008

As far as design goes nobody can touch Ricoh. Digital series II and III with viewfinder installed looks sick and it's small enough to have it on you at all times. What I payed attention to though that on the Ricoh site:

[Ricoh Global Official Website] Sorry, the page cannot be found.The page you are looking for might have been removed, might have its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Most of the winning pictures were taked by GX200.

Mike can you post your Ricoh Digital II pictures? Personally I could care less for a zoom.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

I don't have much uploaded, but if you search flickr with the model name, you should find a ton of good samples.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by outline View Post
                        As far as design goes nobody can touch Ricoh. Digital series II and III with viewfinder installed looks sick and it's small enough to have it on you at all times. What I payed attention to though that on the Ricoh site:

[Ricoh Global Official Website] Sorry, the page cannot be found.The page you are looking for might have been removed, might have its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Most of the winning pictures were taked by GX200.

Mike can you post your Ricoh Digital II pictures? Personally I could care less for a zoom.
                        Go for the GRDs (GRDIII's the latest in the line now) if you're going Ricoh, picture quality's better than the GX200.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Repair shop called - Nikon does not have my part. They will order it from Japan. Another two weeks. Fuckers.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Repair shop called - Nikon does not have my part. They will order it from Japan. Another two weeks. Fuckers.
                            Sorry to hear that Faust! Make a trip to Japan, and visit Nikon Japan...you'll likely experience customer service like no other...:)

Comment

• Vanna
                              • May 2008

After 3 years, I still look/use at my Nikon D80 fondly. Probably my best tech purchase since my Powerbook G4.
                              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• kofi3159
                                • Feb 2009

Thinking of purchasing a DSLR camera..
                                I am a rookie in the camera business..
                                But I want to get more serious with my pictures..
                                Currently have my eye on a Sony alpha 230..
                                Is the a better camera at the same price level??
                                Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎