Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chim
    • Dec 2006

yeah, renting sucks. maybe you can use this as an opportunity to get a small pocketcam and experiment with it =P

Comment

• hommedeguerre
      • Jun 2009

Yeah, we shall see. I may rent the D3X for a day or two to see how I like it....not sure if it's worth upgrading though...
      a.s.
      Le 21ème

Comment

• aizan
        • Aug 2009

http://www.ricoh.com/r_dc/gxr/

i'll be getting this pending nikon's announcement. the controversial feature is that the lens and sensor are bound in the same module. whenever you want another lens, you have to pay for another sensor. seeing how a 50mm macro is all i really need for this kind of camera (street fashion, food, details), the extra cost is not an issue for me.

still want something like this for fast shooting, only with an aps-c sensor.

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

I've been playing with my GR Digital 3 for a few weeks now and I love it. Still have no idea what I'm doing, but I love it!

Comment

• comedyzen
            • May 2009

I've been calling various camera shops in San Francisco and LA. No one carries the Ricoh GR3. I really want to play with it before buying. Anyone know of any good camera shops in either city that may have it?

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by comedyzen View Post
              I've been calling various camera shops in San Francisco and LA. No one carries the Ricoh GR3. I really want to play with it before buying. Anyone know of any good camera shops in either city that may have it?
              35 milesish south of San Francisco is an excellent camera shop called Keeble and Shuchat. Give them a call.
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Ivans On High
                Banned
                • Oct 2008

Is the extra cost of the GRD III worth it over the II? (for a novice)

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

absolutely, the quality of low light images on the grdII is pretty shameful, shooting at anything above iso400 makes images extremely grainy. it should be improved a lot for grdIII along with a slightly higher aprture (1.9 vs 2.4) which should provide a little help to low light shooting. design wise, its pretty much the same thing of course.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• comedyzen
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                    35 milesish south of San Francisco is an excellent camera shop called Keeble and Shuchat. Give them a call.
                    http://www.kspphoto.com/activepages/main.html
                    Thanks for trying. Just called them...they said there are only 5 dealers in the US. One is in Thousand Oaks,CA...the rest in NY : (.......

I will try to hit the T. Oaks next time I am in LA.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                      • Jan 2007

Unless you're opposed to buying it online, you can get one here:

Originally posted by jogu
                      i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

well he said he'd hope to handle it in person before buying.

since it was discussed before, here is a few random samples I took with the S90. first one is ISO800, f2, 1/10 (hand held) and taken in pretty much no light at all.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• delirium
                          • Sep 2008

^^
                          wow im impressed - great clarity
                          didn't realize modern point and shoots had that capability.

at what iso level does it get grainy then?

Comment

• Alesha
                            • Apr 2009

We'll I must confess I did not read pg 4-5 but I saw a few things I could add up to:

1) panasonic and leica. I been advertising lumix in russia for a while, so I know a few pros of it. It's a great camera, but it does not look good. It has leica optics, but leica has panasonic matrix. In that fashion leica is only marginally superior to panasonic. Difference is marginal.
                            2) lumix g1 ( I think it's what it's called) is uber good 3/4 digital camera, but a lot better on quality and options.
                            3) if I grabbed a camera myseld, I'd grab hasselblad 503. Alas I am so bad in photographing, I won't bother)

ps if in doubt buy panasonic! It's also durable!
                            Originally posted by interest1
                            I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Alesha View Post
                              3) if I grabbed a camera myseld, I'd grab hasselblad 503. Alas I am so bad in photographing, I won't bother)
                              hassy 50x. one of the finest, most versatile cameras ever made with the best zeiss lenses for this format. the chimney finder is a joy to use and the sound this thing makes is orgasmic. it's been around for years and to the moon and back..

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by delirium View Post
                                ^^
                                wow im impressed - great clarity
                                didn't realize modern point and shoots had that capability.

at what iso level does it get grainy then?
                                at full size, the 800 is of course slightly grainy, but not bad especially resized. 1600 is pretty grainly already, but still decent when resized. goes up to 3200, havent actually tried many shots so not sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎