• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

A very tempting deal from Amazon.

Canon Rebel XS

+

75-300mm Lens

= $463
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

not a bad price, though those cheap tubes are not very good, poor quality and easily blurred without any stabilization.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

^^ what lowery said. kit lenses suck ass. get canon "L"

Comment

• prednisone
          • Nov 2007

I need recommendations for a first digital SLR. Chim recommended the Nikon D5000, so I have that one on my list. Any others I should consider?
          FS: Julius FW05 leather fencing jacket sz 3

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Canon 500D (or rebel whatever), obviously a biased opinion as I'm a Canon user but then again every suggestion is.

if you want to spend less, look for a preowned 450D, you should be able to find lightly used ones for cheap.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• crckhs
              • Dec 2009

if you should stick to nikon, also consider the d3000 or even the d90. the d5000 kinda fits between both considering function and price range which is mainly the reason why i bought that cam.

Comment

• Seventh
                • Dec 2006

I agree with the Canon recommendation. Canon and Nikon are comparable in quality, but I prefer the user interface of Canon (it is a little more intuitive). Also think they are making slightly better lenses (for the higher end SLRs).

Originally posted by prednisone View Post
                I need recommendations for a first digital SLR. Chim recommended the Nikon D5000, so I have that one on my list. Any others I should consider?

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                  • Jan 2007

For the price of a new 500D you can probably find a used 20D or 30D on craigslist. Buying used bodies is the way to go. Lenses not so much, as they hardly lose any value over time.
                  Originally posted by jogu
                  i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• prednisone
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
                    For the price of a new 500D you can probably find a used 20D or 30D on craigslist. Buying used bodies is the way to go. Lenses not so much, as they hardly lose any value over time.
                    What about the warranty that comes with buying a new body?
                    FS: Julius FW05 leather fencing jacket sz 3

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                      • Jan 2007

Doubtful, but the only thing that will break those things is accidental damage, and that isn't covered anyway.
                      Originally posted by jogu
                      i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Chim
                        • Dec 2006

I shoot Nikon so obviously I'm biased towards Nikon. Whatever you choose, match it up with a tamron 17-50 f2.8 and a nice fast prime and you're set (provided you're doing more urban/landscape, and not birding)

Comment

• comedyzen
                          • May 2009

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a Ricoh GR3 but there is a Ricoh GRX 200 for sale in my hood. Has anyone used this one before?

BTW, I bought my GF a Leica C-lux 3. I have been using it since I sold my Canon G9. I must say it is a nice little camera with sexy looks too.

Comment

• xESS
                            • Mar 2009

Just bought Nikon D5000, with 2 lenses. One kit lens and one 55-200mm. New to this kind of camera, so its alot to learn.

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

it's been out for some time and i still want this...

voigtlander/fuji 667 folder. 6x6, 6x7 capable..

Comment

• comedyzen
                                • May 2009

Cool.

Ricoh GRD III is en route to my paws. I miss my Canon G9, but i hope the GRD3 helps me forget. Anyone here have any good tips for the GRD3? Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎