• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Gareth Pugh FW07/08 - London

So, is this guy ever going to produce real clothes, or is he going to do this and sell jeans and tshirts in stores a la Galliano? Has anyone seen his stuff in stores?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Gareth Pugh FW07/08 - London

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mutterlein
        • Dec 2006

Faust, Michelle Lamy and Rick Owens oversee the production of this line. They select the pieces they like and have them done up in cashmere, mink, leather, etc. So there is a realistic end product despite the muddled runway presentation. It's a pretty clever way to run a business.

As for the actual designs, I feel London has been about hype recently and that can only get you so far. I don't know if Pugh can really escape all that but I think this collection (his first as far as I know since gaining Owens as a backer) is a good start. I could see a lot of this being worn by real people if it were in the right fabrics. I can't really tell what Pugh used (it could very well be furs and skins).

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="mutterlein"]Faust, Michelle Lamy and Rick Owens oversee the production of this line. They select the pieces they like and have them done up in cashmere, mink, leather, etc. So there is a realistic end product despite the muddled runway presentation. It's a pretty clever way to run a business.

As for the actual designs, I feel London has been about hype recently and that can only get you so far. I don't know if Pugh can really escape all that but I think this collection (his first as far as I know since gaining Owens as a backer) is a good start. I could see a lot of this being worn by real people if it were in the right fabrics. I can't really tell what Pugh used (it could very well be furs and skins).

[/quote]

Yes, I remember this mentioned before. Well, if Rick uses the factory that does his own stuff and Revillon, this should be fine in stores. I agree about London, it's been rather juvenile. Ironically though - it's Pugh who leads London in hype, no? As far as the collection, it looks like plastic to me.

EDIT: Now that you mentioned Owens, I see the mens coat is very Owens with the high arm holes, elongated sleeves, and pinched shoulders. That part of the silhouette looks exactly like my Rick Owens jacket.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎