X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    deius, funny you should say this about jeans - these days i feel like i can't wear anything but black or gray jeans.
    I think dark (non-distressed) blue jeans will always have a place in my wardrobe. I've been living in dark brown jeans recently (thank you Julius for the spectacularly inappropriate color name "cloud").
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• nictan
      • Jul 2009

new member here. recently got interested in the 'gothninja' style. previously was more into plain diorhomme and just normal tees and jeans matching. been wondering the very exact same question as well, where to start.

fortunately for me, being a small fan of DH and undercover, i already have some basics such as black tops and jeans. recently bought a few drape tops and cardigans, nothing too fancy or exp though. but yea, as Faust said it, i feel like i cant wear anything but black or dark toned stuff. hahaha

Comment

• Enaml
        • Apr 2009

If you're searching for a 'goth ninja' aesthetic, you've already walled yourself into a corner.
        How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

"getting into gothninja style" sounds a bit forced.. look for labels that interest you and work for you, pick influences and build your own style from there.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

i applaud your earnestness, mike. i say fuck it - let him buy into the whole thing - it's his money. rick owens leather, rick owens sneakers, darkshadow jeans, wrap yourself in a raf simons beach towel on top of that and drop yourself into an object-dyed casket.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nictan
              • Jul 2009

sorry if i got it off wrong. what i meant is, ive seen quite alot of pretty good fits from forums like here, sufu etc. im not getting into the whole gothninja thing because it gothninja. but because i see it and i think it looks good and i would like to try it. and im not buying into RO and drkshdw or anndem or MMM or whatsoever. im just liking the look and trying to experiment with what i have in my wardrobe to mix-match and see what i get.

anw. as faust said, appreciate the earnestness.

Comment

• nictan
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                If you're searching for a 'goth ninja' aesthetic, you've already walled yourself into a corner.
                anw i dont think i walled myself into a corner. ive tried different varying 'styles' from streetwear to skinnies to whatnot. im just looking to try something else different. :) if it doesnt work, i'll just move on to another. just wana subject myself to different things to see what works and which one suits me the most.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by nictan View Post
                  anw i dont think i walled myself into a corner. ive tried different varying 'styles' from streetwear to skinnies to whatnot. im just looking to try something else different. :) if it doesnt work, i'll just move on to another. just wana subject myself to different things to see what works and which one suits me the most.
                  forget it dude you're trying on these 'styles' like they're prepackaged autopilot combos separate of you as an individual altogether. Try moving on to a personality
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• nictan
                    • Jul 2009

yea maybe. oh well, guess ive got loads to learn. thats why im here. :)

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                      forget it dude you're trying on these 'styles' like they're prepackaged autopilot combos separate of you as an individual altogether. Try moving on to a personality
                      this is essentially what I was trying to say
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• MikeN
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by nictan View Post
                        sorry if i got it off wrong. what i meant is, ive seen quite alot of pretty good fits from forums like here, sufu etc. im not getting into the whole gothninja thing because it gothninja. but because i see it and i think it looks good and i would like to try it. and im not buying into RO and drkshdw or anndem or MMM or whatsoever. im just liking the look and trying to experiment with what i have in my wardrobe to mix-match and see what i get.

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

(i'm going to try to use this gif as much as possible)

Comment

• SunshineSometime
                            • May 2008

Another troll?

Comment

god, you guys just won't cut people some slack. I think you read way too much into his formulation

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

I don't think the troll accusation is fair at all, at least based on this short discussion.

still agree with what FTB said though.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎