X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Marni F/W 07-08

I'll comment after I post the pics--but check out the penguin mitts on #3. [:^)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Marni F/W 07-08

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Go here to see the entire collection--too many looks to post them all!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

You know we are in for one black fall when Marni and Etro go monochrome. Sucks.

I don't like this much, some silhouettes are off. Some of it is fine - I like the gathered tops. The prices are outrageous.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

Yes, the prices are absurd, especially since she uses so much cotton!

As with all Marni, I like it in small doses. Some of the tops and skirts would be nice to have, for sure. The collection looks a bit muddled to me, perhaps because they have been shifting designers--one went to Chloe and one to Vera Wang (very, very obviously).

I'm curious to hear what others thing about this and about Marni in general. It's so hugely popular with women of "good taste." I like it fine, but the clothes just don't speak to me, especially in person. Maybe I am just weird....(or have bad taste [;)])

Comment

• deuxmille
              • Nov 2006

Laika, here in Tokyo, Marni is popular and hold the exact reputation you pointed out. It caters to a complete different clientel that lets say, Junya.
              The collection looks alright I think. Nothing really makes me want to type though.

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

I like some of it, like the ugliness, but some is just plain silly, just too unflattering to be of merit. On the whole though Ilike marni. I like how it's created a genuine niche in the market, but it's becoming pretty same-y year after year. I don't like all the gathering here, butI do like the simple shapes

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎