Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Law
    • Dec 2013

Anybody ever had any issues with orders from Tobias Wistisen taking an inordinate amount of time?

Comment

• Michael_Robartes
      • May 2013

Does anyone have any experience with this collection of rings and catching on your clothes?

I prefer to always wear my jewelry and not take it off. So I forget I have it on when I go to put on a delicate fabric (or even just otherwise)and it catches and puts a hole... this looks like it might not have smooth edges?

Comment

• Michael_Robartes
        • May 2013

Also

I came here actually to ask:

I love the mixed curb chain by Werkstatt Munchen. Over the years have they put out varying sizes or thicknesses like with the bracelets. OR, if anyone can recommend any other more 'classic-with-a-spin' chains. Looking to get one after I've enjoyed the bracelet for so long.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I have the mixed chain, and it's really beautiful - not sure which one you are looking at, but the one I have can seem a bit feminine. I'm always on the fence about wearing it.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Michael_Robartes
            • May 2013

Hello Faust,
            I already have a more delicate WM chain, and the reason for buying the chain is I wanted a much more classic and heavy type chain. So I guess that fits into fem/masc type ideas. I've since found some worn ones, and I agree with you, its actually a lot thinner than the offerings for the bracelet and isn't as heavy as I'd want. I was sure in the past there had been a thicker version... but all I can find now (at all, even just photos) is the mixed ones that are either a) got a bone in it, b) a cross or c) another thicker single curb link.

Faust, it's also quite small right., like this

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Yeah, in my experience they only look good under a tee, it's just a tad too feminine for my taste (dutiful 2018 disclaimer, who am I to say what's feminine!) I have the double-linked one. I think W-M double-link chains are one of the most gorgeous jewelry I've seen. It's so deceptively simple and visually arresting.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Michael_Robartes
                • May 2013

I was just trying to skirt the whole masculine/feminine thing because i know exactly what you mean and we're also both aware of the tenderness around those words in 2018...

I actually don't know what double link chains are and i couldnt see anything with that phrases on google with WM.

I went to the library today and they confirmed my suspicions that.. athough I'm not able to find a picture online.. I have seen a thicker mixed curb chain that WM do. That would be perfect and I'm gunna try get some photos off of them so you can see too.. think it might just be what am after as agreed.. above ones... too delicate to where over the top for my taste

Comment

• Michael_Robartes
                  • May 2013

@faust
                  Finally found the one I meant, I knew I wasn't imagining it, its just nobody has bought it in a long time so i've not seen it at any stores...

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Michael_Robartes View Post
                    https://www.antonioli.eu/en/IE/products/13m396-silver
                    @faust
                    Finally found the one I meant, I knew I wasn't imagining it, its just nobody has bought it in a long time so i've not seen it at any stores...
                    That's a nice one! That might work. Here is an example of a double-linked chain. It's a bit hard to explain, but each link is linked twice, instead of once, so the chain becomes dense, because you need more links to make the same length, since there is less space between each link.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zccaado
                      • Apr 2019

Looking to pull the trigger on a Detaj Bandage ring. I think they are super cool.. Composed of acid treated .950 silver

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by zccaado View Post
                        Looking to pull the trigger on a Detaj Bandage ring. I think they are super cool.. Composed of acid treated .950 silver
                        The coating wears off super fast if you wear multiple rings, otherwise I love mine.

Comment

• zccaado
                          • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                          The coating wears off super fast if you wear multiple rings, otherwise I love mine.
                          Thanks for the info! Will keep that in mind and make sure not to wear it adjacent to another ring.

Comment

• poon
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by zccaado View Post

They are very cool rings,I really love them ��.

Comment

• gawkrodger
                              • Jun 2013

or just train judo/BJJ and your fingers will look like that pretty much permenantly!

Comment

• Monoral
                                • Mar 2014

Originally posted by gawkrodger View Post
                                or just train judo/BJJ and your fingers will look like that pretty much permenantly!
                                You don't wear gloves?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎