• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
    Totally agree. I started buying his pieces a few years ago and I wear them more than anything else. I have a difficult time committing to bracelets but his are modest while being unique and impressive. Quality is top-notch.
    Ha, exactly! Ordered one of the bracelets for myself and I have never liked a bracelet except my Shaun Leane leather/silver horn one, and now it finally found a brother.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

On a side note - I used to not care for jewelry at all, but I have slowly come to realize that accessorizing is a good way to put a bit of excitement in the mega-boring tee/shorts uniform NY summers force me into.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• braindrain
        • Apr 2009

Anyone have any suggestions on a simple silver chainlink bracelet? Something similar to the WM fine curb chain. Any help is appreciated!

Comment

• messenoire
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by braindrain View Post
          Anyone have any suggestions on a simple silver chainlink bracelet? Something similar to the WM fine curb chain. Any help is appreciated!
          i wear a wm dogtag chain. i think if you want jewelry you should be prepared to spend a little bit more, little bit more being wm, because you arent going to be buying a ton of it and if you take care of it there's no reason silver shouldnt last you the rest of your life

Comment

• Ahimsa
            Vegan Police
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Ha, exactly! Ordered one of the bracelets for myself and I have never liked a bracelet except my Shaun Leane leather/silver horn one, and now it finally found a brother.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Law
              • Dec 2013

Are there any brands similar to Werkstatt-Muenchen?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Law View Post
                Are there any brands similar to Werkstatt-Muenchen?
                Check out Tobias Wistensein - you can find links on www.sz-mag.com
                Not W:M exactly, but interesting work.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
                  • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Check out Tobias Wistensein - you can find links on www.sz-mag.com
                  Not W:M exactly, but interesting work.
                  You mean Wistisen?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Yes, I do.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zen dog
                      • Jan 2014

A suggestion for a different direction regarding men's (and women's) jewelry:

Small jewelry stores may have an in-house designer or carry a number of independent artisans. There is some great, imaginative stuff going on out there. Also, these pieces are at the price point where you can work with a metalsmith and have something made. My one plea regarding this is DO NOT have them copy something you saw from another maker. Respect the original maker's ideas and patronize them.

I am a firm believer in educating one's eye- look, look and look- shops, tear out magazine pages to stick up, books, online, wherever. I love this process and consumption doesn't have to be the end result. I think you will be much happier with whatever you buy- art, furniture, clothing. The internet is a wonderful resource but it has eclipsed "boots on the ground" and lead to assumptions that all is available there.

Besides, your search will get you out into the world. I've had wonderful experiences that were peripheral to my original goal.

Comment

• braindrain
                        • Apr 2009

Does anyone know what kind of closures the Werkstatt bracelets have? I'm about to order but I can't find a picture that shows the clasp clearly. Thank you!

Comment

• magic
                          • Feb 2009

They have many different type of closure, so be more specific of which one you are looking.
                          Focusing on object details

Comment

• Michael_Robartes
                            • May 2013

just bought a new one, the mixed/wild chain one.
                            I was pretty smashed but somehow it managed to fall off whilst i was out. Because it doesn't lock, it relies on the fact that there is only a tiny indent on the piece of metal that slides into the clip. If by chance they cross though it does fall off

make sense?

Comment

• Michael_Robartes
                              • May 2013

^^ 1st time i wore it

Comment

• Ahimsa
                                Vegan Police
                                • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

Working...