X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• yay
      • Sep 2014

i have a w:m double ring that i would like to get widened, have no experience with it. anyone has done it, how much does it usually cost?

Comment

• Aska
        • Feb 2013

Its a pretty basic procedure that any goldsmith can help you with, it makes the job a lot easier if there are no stones, no cracks and the soldering was done well in the first place. Can either be done with a mandrel/triblet and a rawhide mallet or a ring stretcher. Shouldn't cost you to much, maybe 50 bucks. Good luck!

Comment

• Faye
          • Apr 2009

@yay and when handing the ring over, make sure to clearly tell the goldsmith not to polish the ring! I'm speaking out of experience unfortunately.

Comment

• Nickefuge
            • Nov 2014

I´m in the process of ordering a ring by Kjeld Jewelry Berlin.
            So far contacting them via mail and telephone has been a pleasant experience. This is the item I´ve set my eyes on:

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• yay
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Faye View Post
              @yay and when handing the ring over, make sure to clearly tell the goldsmith not to polish the ring! I'm speaking out of experience unfortunately.
              haha oh god! yes i will definitely do that, i'm sorry for your loss

Comment

• delayedReaction
                • Dec 2014

If you don't like shine, get a superfine grade of steel wool. It gives a nice attractive matte/brushed finish, and since you're starting with a shiny/polished surface you don't need to do prep work for it to look good*.

*If there are significant scratches or gouges you don't want to appear in the final finish, you need to sand the surface: 200, 400 and 600 before your final surface treatment. The one trick is to alternate sanding directions for each grit: you know you can bump up to the next level when the previous level's sanding marks are gone.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                  Vegan Police
                  • Sep 2011

Gaspard Hex F/W 2015

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

This thread really needs more love. Here's a question I'm hoping will generate a bit of discussion...

Any of you guys ever find pinky (especially) or thumb rings a bit "much"? Always found it interesting how some dudes get have like 8 or 10 CH rings on at once but the pinky fingers tend to be bare. Thumbs are just weird because most people's thumbs seem to have a "bump" which necessitates a loose ring.

Comment

• yffet
                      • Aug 2009

Just my opinion but i find wearing thumbs ring much easier (socialy speaking) than pinky rings.

New Chin Teo Rings. He's still my favorite Artisan around <3

Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

• Ulf
                        • Apr 2014

I don't wear a lot of jewellery, but I love my classic Quatre ring.

Comment

• gregor
                          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                          This thread really needs more love. Here's a question I'm hoping will generate a bit of discussion...

Any of you guys ever find pinky (especially) or thumb rings a bit "much"? Always found it interesting how some dudes get have like 8 or 10 CH rings on at once but the pinky fingers tend to be bare. Thumbs are just weird because most people's thumbs seem to have a "bump" which necessitates a loose ring.
                          agreed, actually. i find it's rather easy to go overboard with jewelry. it can look good in a large quantity, but i find it best understated in general. one of the reasons i shirk rings on every finger and a necklace and a bracelet and the whole nine yards. find it a lot more pleasing when they lend nuance to a look, as opposed to make a statement by themselves.

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

https://idiotpantsparty.wordpress.co...humb-ring-guy/

Comment

• yffet
                              • Aug 2009

What the f did i just read haha :)

Well it explains why i always listen Air America. I live in Paris.
                              Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

• Arkady
                                • Apr 2011

Can't say I'm against this interpretation hahahaha

One bracelet for me on occasion is enough, anything else feels too fussy.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎