Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Mens Jewelry

I've been wanting a thumb ring for a while now, but I have a problem. My thumb is wider in the middle than it is at the base, where the ring is supposed to be when worn. I know this goes for a lot of people, but in my case it's a little extra, which means the ring sits pretty lose when worn - otherwise it's not big enough to get over the wide part of my thumb. So I guess the solution is a ring that is open in the back. The thing is they're usually pretty thin rings, and I want something chunkier. Any ideas would be very welcome!

the rings I wear on my thumbs are slightly loose because of the same reason. the ring will move a bit and rotate easily when its between the joints, I got used to it quickly. of course depends on how big they have to be, if its uncomfortable then you have to look for another solution. adjustability is difficult because it would be impossible to adjust if its really thick.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

^
    Yeah, I was kinda worried it might impossible to find an adjustable 'thick' ring. Oh well, I guess I just gotta try and find a regular big ring and see how lose it'll be between the joints, and have your experience in mind. Maybe I just have to get used to it being a bit lose. Thanks!

get one of those little rubber things that clip on after you put it on.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

^
    I'm not sure what rubber-things you mean. Could you describe it? Or do you have a pic?

This is a very crude version:

http://www.amazon.com/Ring-Size-Redu.../dp/B0029UCXPO

Ask at a local jewellery store to see what products they sell.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

never seen those before. could be hard to find and make work for a bulkier ring though?
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Never seen those either. I wonder if jewelry stores have them or I have to order online. Thanks for the idea though!

goti does some foldable jewelry out of tin. it would avoid the problem of beeing lose between the joints.

Any jewellery store will have them...or any jewellery department at a department store (not talking classy here...jc penney sorta store). Not something that's ever on display, but most jewellery stores have little gadgets for this sort of situation (weird earring backings, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by hommedeguerre View Post
    Amy Glenn and Chin Teo are likely my two favourite jewelry lines out there.
    agreed.

here are a few others that pretty good.

spinelli kilcollin
    elizabeth knight
    todd reed
    disce mori

The Great Frog anyone? Has been in london from the 70s or so, but recently opened up in new york. Some great jewelry (more specifically rings). I think they're pioneers of the skull ring, worth checking out.
    One man's style must not be the rule of another's.

hah, TheThief was window shopping there when we were in London.

its too generic and obvious for my taste. I like traditional motifs (which is all the do), but I think Werkstatt Munchen for example does a much better job in using them in a more refined manner.

A couple of my jewelry posts for Diane Pernet

Amy Glenn | Tobias Wistisen
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Default Custom sizes

I can only recommend Werkstatt:München and their crew. Size M was slightly too small for the finger of my choice and their L would have been too big. So they made me a custom ring, for the same price as the standard version.

I think that is pretty cool.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Wow. Awesome goods. Recently picked up my first piece by Tobias (cross-post). He's an incredible craftsman.

Another Parisian worth checking out; Vanessa Dee. Just received this; Sterling silver, labradorite, ebony and silver coral that triple layers. Images don't really do it justice.

I want a nice silver necklace. So far my favorite is Werkstatt München dog tags. Any thoughts? Would fit my style in general even though I'm not a soldier.

do you have to be a soldier to wear a trench coat?