Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gavagai
    • May 2010

I really find it more than annoying that retailers can't work with A1923 to get extra laces for shoes/boots that cost this much money.

What am I paying Darklands for if not customer service? I'm assuming their mark up is 45-50%. Should I really be trolling the internet for an extra set of shoe laces? This seems like total bullshit.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
      if we're on the subject of leather laces then can someone point me in the direction of round cut leather laces? i cant find them at any cobbler and the last one i went to said he didnt even know they made round cut leather laces
      They are not commonly produced... easy as hell to make yourself though! Just get some heavy black or brown leather from your local leather shop (doesn't even have to be super high quality stuff) and cut a large circle out of it. Then start at the edge and start cutting while spiralling inwards and voila you have your laces :)

For the brands that have the metal tips, you can likely find a decent replacement here: http://www.shoelacesexpress.com/index.asp

If the laces look too clean, just rub that sucker in some dirt and then wash it. The hardware component may not be exact but at least it'll be similar.
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• voice_on_tape
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
        if we're on the subject of leather laces then can someone point me in the direction of round cut leather laces? i cant find them at any cobbler and the last one i went to said he didnt even know they made round cut leather laces
        I recommend going to a bead or craft shop they will have round leather strands in various guages and colors by the spool. Cut to desired length and finish however you want or don't finish. It's used for necklaces, but will be strong enough for shoe laces. Should only cost you a few dollars.
        -v_o_t
        sale items

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by voice_on_tape View Post
          I recommend going to a bead or craft shop they will have round leather strands in various guages and colors by the spool. Cut to desired length and finish however you want or don't finish. It's used for necklaces, but will be strong enough for shoe laces. Should only cost you a few dollars.
          Ah, good call. I misinterpreted this as the CDiem spiral laces haha

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• eton97
            • Dec 2008

Ummm. One of my Augusta sneaker laces snapped after 3 weeks. Gave the store i bought them from a call and they got me 2 spare sets within a week. Shouldn't be difficult as they are still current production. I think finding a similar blue pair will be pretty hard. Give the store you bought them from a call. I get your point - for the price it's not a big request/favour.
            you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• gavagai
              • May 2010

Thanks for the link. I'll go ahead and order some laces and see what happens.

Campbell from Darklands literally told me that A1923 does not sell or give them extra laces. I'm going to have to push back in this case. This is just sad and pathetic that I am online discussing shoe laces. I guess I should just have a laugh and realize how terribly anal I've become (always was).

Comment

• phong
                • Jan 2011

Help...

Guidi/Ann D/similar ankle boots... anyone know where I can get a pair (preferably below retail)?

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by phong View Post
                  Help...

Guidi/Ann D/similar ankle boots.
                  Guidi and Ann D boots aren't similar.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Denpatou
                    • Jan 2010

previous request went unanswered, so... looking for an ann d ss11 strong belt in black cotton/size s (or smaller if it exists :o)

actually, i'd be interested in any nice black cotton belts without leather adornments
                    SEMI-SORTED. / DRUNKEN HEARTED

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Well... so I vat dyed my Devoa charcoal blazer black and the entire jacket came apart at the seams. So knowing now that this cotton/linen fabric does not like to be fully soaked and agitated when wet, I'd like to find the same fabric blend blazer in black.

[IMG][/IMG]

The blend has to be the 76% Cotton 24% Linen blend one from last season as I'd like them to match the pants that I have.

Thanks in advance. When the destroyed jacket dries, will post pictures in the "why be afraid" thread for posterity.

Comment

• gavagai
                        • May 2010

oh fuck. that is terrible. Just ate away the thread???

Comment

• phong
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                          Guidi and Ann D boots aren't similar.
                          Guidi or similar. Ann D or similar.
                          Last edited by phong; 10-14-2011, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• jamesd
                            • Sep 2008

Anyone ever come across one of these?
                            YYPH FW 08, preferably size 3

Comment

• HWith
                              • May 2007

I'm looking for the current season Damir Doma derbies (not the boots) with the extra thick sole in size 40. Seems that a lot of stores bought the boots but none except from Luisaviaroma (and Atalier I've heard?) bought the derbies. So I was wondering if anyone saw the thick-soled version anywhere.

Oh, and if you know of any stores besides LvR that has the regular soled ones let me know. I'm kinda thinking of waiting for the sales, and I'm afraid they might be sold before it hits.

If anyones wondering its these shoes:

Comment

• loveless
                                • Feb 2007

H.Lorenzo brings a diverse aesthetic to the high-end retail industry showcasing emerging designers from around the world.

hope your a size 2

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                                Well... so I vat dyed my Devoa charcoal blazer black and the entire jacket came apart at the seams. So knowing now that this cotton/linen fabric does not like to be fully soaked and agitated when wet, I'd like to find the same fabric blend blazer in black.

[IMG][/IMG]

The blend has to be the 76% Cotton 24% Linen blend one from last season as I'd like them to match the pants that I have.

Thanks in advance. When the destroyed jacket dries, will post pictures in the "why be afraid" thread for posterity.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎