• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Ann Demeulemeester Womens SS07

I know we have a bunch of pictures in the shopping thread, but I figured a dedicated thread is not a bad idea :-)

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Ann Demeulemeester Womens SS07

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

I just love her clothes, especially for women. The sheer-ness and the draping just looks so sexy on a woman.

And I believe I said this is in another Ann D. thread, but I need to find a women who dresses in this stuff! [:)]
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• sbw4224
        • Sep 2006

I actually posted a preview of these about 3 weeks ago, but here are some close-up pictures.

Comment

• sbw4224
          • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

^ I have to admit, I am really not liking this stuff. [:(] It seems so floppy and complicated, and the really over-sized stuff just looks shapeless. Too much poet and not enough warrior, as Faust said of the menswear elsewhere. The more tailored stuff that I've seen--jackets, waistcoats, skirts--is infinitely better, imo. I dunno, seems like an off-season for Ann, if there is such a thing....I am really looking forward to fall.

I do really love these looks though--simple and beautiful. I would wear them head to ankle--the shoes have got to GO. [:|]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

You know, those shoes are starting to grow on me. And Barneys had some great sandals that look great for spring.

Laika- I agree and disagree. I am not really keen on the red/white fading items but I really like the black/white fading ones. As for the drapey, oversized pieces, I really like it on a women. I think they form well when layered with other items and it leaves something to the imagination. I can just imagine a lovely women walking down the street with a slight breeze and the oversized top is flowing with her body yet the slim silhouette of the pants still keeps the look womanly and sexy. :)
              But I don't really like the flowing/sheer pants, alittle too much bagginess going on.

Comment

• nambla
                • Sep 2006

those shoes are f'king amazing. especially the first pair. don't like seeing the heels on the last pair though.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

All from Barneys.

Comment

• sbw4224
                    • Sep 2006

I agree with everyone. I really like some of the pieces, but some of the looks are a little too shapeless for me. I don't think the pictures I posted give the clothes justice though, as they don't show as much detail. I think Laika's photos are styled better as well. I can definitely picture what Casius is saying about the flowy tops. I can imagine them looking much better in motion.

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Casius & sbw:

Good point about seeing them in motion--I'm sure all that sheer stuff and eyelet looks best when it's fluttering around.

BUT, I still think it pales completely compared to something like this, which has some similar characteristics--the sheerness, the dropped sleeves-- but manages to look absolutely sublime.[A]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

Some more pics....
                        Love this!
                        This is a little much...

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Love the layering here...
                          I like just the little peek of white stripe in an otherwise all black outfit.

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

I really like the styling the models have in the aloharag pics above.

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

thanks for the pics!! Cas, you are becoming our very own runner. [51]

I agree, the styling is so much better here. I love the all white look with the cropped pants and waistcoat--that combo of tailoring and softness is so sexy to me. [U]

And you guys are really so right about seeing the pieces in motion...I remember liking this all very much on the runway.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎