• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Re: FQR

I really like this collection, very simple but has a nice touch to it. the jacket on the middle row looks really interesting.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• nairb49
      • Dec 2006

Its ok for me, not really outstanding but I could easily see myself wearing/buying it if it wasn't as expensive as Carpe.

When you say off-shoot, do you mean its an actual branch of Carpe á la LUC?

Or is this another one of those imitators that has no actual connection to Carpe? (excuse my ignorance)

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="nairb49"]Its ok for me, not really outstanding but I could easily see myself wearing/buying it if it wasn't as expensive as Carpe.

Or is this another one of those imitators that has no actual connection to Carpe? (excuse my ignorance)
        [/quote]

An ex-Carpe assistant or designer. All these companies are not CDiem branches - they are people who worked there and then decided to go on their own.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="nairb49"]Its ok for me, not really outstanding but I could easily see myself wearing/buying it if it wasn't as expensive as Carpe.

[/quote]

What imitators?[*-)]

Thanks for the info, droogist.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

[/quote]

What imitators?[*-)]

Thanks for the info, droogist.

[/quote]

I think he means lines like FORM1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272 829303132333435 that have a CDiem inverted arte povera aesthetic but are not affiliated with CDiem in any way.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

^ I figured that, but are we really going to start calling them imitators? Just because they are working in a similar aesthetic but aren't part of the Family? It's not like this aesthetic is owned by CDiem; or even like it necessarily originated with them, for that matter. [*-)]
              ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]^ I figured that, but are we really going to start calling them imitators? Just because they are working in a similar aesthetic but aren't part of the Family? It's not like this aesthetic is owned by CDiem; or even like it necessarily originated with them, for that matter. [*-)]
                [/quote]

I don't know - that's a personal judgement, I guess.[*-)] .

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nairb49
                  • Dec 2006

Laika, you're absolutely right. "Imitators" was the incorrect word and not at all what I meant. I should have said "Labels working in a very similar aesthetic"

I suppose I may have impulsively called them imitators since I see Carpe as being one of the "originators" (another one of those words...).

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

New F/W...or Spring...not sure.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

its F/W 08-09, called 'Magus'.

has anyone ever seen a single piece by FQR anywhere? they've had collections from 06 but no retailers I've been tohave had anything by them [76]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Divo
                        • Mar 2007

Hyaa iltaa Mike,

Last time I visited Paris I stopped by at Shimji (Rue de Perche). They had a relatively small, but well selected range of FQR garments (i.e. blazers, shirts and trousers if I am not mistaken).

- Divo -

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

oh really? I was there last september but they didn't have anything, bad timing maybe. I guess the buys might be quite small in addition to the limited retailers..

well good to hear its atleast sold somewhere :)

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                            • Aug 2007

like the last suit the rest is kinda barffff

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

it's such an average run of the mill collection :(

Evidently they tracked down the love child of Les Claypool and Dave Navarro....

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

That velveteen suit is freakin' me out a bit, I aint gonna lie. Not to mention those rainbow stripe shirts are a little much......Ugh, why did I post this again? [75]
                                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎