Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orochian
    • Sep 2006

Lane Crawford has a comprehensive selection (if a little lacking in direction and character) but carries substantial mark-ups, and rather stingy with discounts during sales. IT's stocks, even with the same label, vary widely depending on location - my favourite one is the branch in Silvercord, Tsim Sha Tsui. But in addition to these well-known retail destinations, IMO there are quite a few hidden gems that have gone undetected by much of the fashion press - be it local or foreign. I'll try to include those in my map.

Comment

• the breaks
      • Sep 2007

The Hong Kong map in the first post is blank for me. Does it work for anyone else? The one Mike posted later still works though:

Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by ddohnggo
        can anyone tell me where the new damir doma store is in paris? also, where's the paris to do thread? i can't find it with search. i'm looking at the scoute guide and it looks dope. thanks lowery.
        theres a thread somewhere, but honestly I think a majority of stuff mentioned there is in the guide as well

DD - 6 rue des arquebusiers
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

dont think I have a map, but making one is fairly easy as you can count the interesting stores with one hand

- Daad Dantone - two locations
          - Antonioli
          - 10 Corso Como
          - Dmagazine
          - Viktor&Rolf for the interior
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

in terms of shopping, degli effeti is probably the place you'd like the most.
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

What do they carry'? They don't seem to HAve a website or one i can come across at least.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

looks like their site is down. but they have 3 separate stores all within walking distance from each other. the one you'd like carries ccp, volga volga, dick oven, old cdiem shoes and some other shit. there were only a spare number of ccp items when i was there back in september.
                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

thanks will definitely be checking it out if i get the chance, any idea of their opening times? what about motel salieri have you been there, that is in rome is it not ?

no locals on here ?

Comment

• mauser
                    • Oct 2007

Right. Not a local but I was in Rome a while ago.

Degli Effetti on Piazza Capranica near the Pantheon is probably the shop(s) to visit. The shops are just meters from each other. I didn't go in because I was busy and their window displays were tacky but the brand list is good. Opening hours, well almost all shops in central Rome were open until 7.30 or 8PM. Many shops were closed Monday morning-afternoon.

Between the Spanish steps and the piazza del Popolo you will find a street called Via di Gesu e Maria which houses the best outlet I visited. Don't recall the name but it was right in the middle of the street, easy to locate. A month ago, between all Italian designer gear, they had a rack of Rick and Margiela amongst other stuff at 60 per cent off retail.

A couple of great bars are at Via Panisperna, maybe around the corner of Via del Boschetto. The area south of Panisperna to Via Cavour had a slightly different vibe from the rest of central Rome and I did go back there a couple of times. Trastevere was good too but others probably will tell you it's touristed. But then again, that's what Rome is. Have a good time.

Comment

• Alesha
                      • Apr 2009

Where can you get Guidi or Augusta shoes in Milano?
                      Originally posted by interest1
                      I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Daad Dantone has had Guidi at some point, not sure if they do anymore though. don't think anyone sells Augusta there.

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

Looking forward to taking advantage of the Amsterdam map in two weeks. I'm staying at The Dylan, has anyone been?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Wasn't sure where to put this. A quick guide to Antwerp consignment shops.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• phille
                              • Jan 2009

Im going to New york on saturday, and was thinking about a shopping round. But is that Number Nine store still open? Someone said that they have gone to bankruptcy..

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

that would be incorrect. the label is shutting down, but not due to bankruptcy. the store is still open and should have the final f/w09 collection in.
                                Last edited by lowrey; 07-21-2009, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎