Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Women's Jewelry

Default Re: Women's Jewelry

/\ that's funky!

Rope and pearl's necklaces by Ligia Dias. She did jewelry for Lanvin before going on her own. BTW, if anyone knows where else I can buy her stuff, please let me know.

Last edited by Faust; 08-12-2009 at 08:26 AM.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Default Re: Women's Jewelry

Anna Zellien</p>

</p>

</p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

good idea

I'm quite fond of some Goti pieces for both men and women:

Arielle De Pinto has some really nice looking pieces, I don't really know anything about the designer but really like some of the designs:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Nice choices, ML and Mona. I have several Arielle de Pinto pieces--love her.

Those are pretty sick, Mona. Mike, I'm always ambivalent about Goti - I think their pieces miss just that touch of elegance that Cacciatori sometimes gets just right. Yesterday I just kept staring at Laika's... seashell pendant...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Yesterday I just kept staring at Laika's... seashell pendant...
    I'll buy that for a dollar.

another Goti piece, the girlfriend owns this one, the white coating wears off a bit over time exposing more of the silver. its a very classic style but disorderliness in this case works quite nicely:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

an old girlfriend of mine makes/made jewelry based on maps of city streets. seemed sz appropriate.

sterling silver bracelet:

steel ring:

steel and vinyl folding fan:

that fan is pretty neat

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Those are really nice inconduit The ring reminds me of a music staff.

but the bracelet's closure seems kind of weird...not very practical.

What's her name? does she has a website/facebookpage/whatever to see more of her work?

Some pieces I like...

Anya Kivarkis brooch

Karen Konsuk Concrete ring

Kyle Ng

Vered babay

Kobi Roth Supernova's

More Natalia Brilli

Default Women's Jewelry and Accessories

My taste in 'jewelry' and other accessories is very much in line with my taste in clothing: understated and, when possible, cheeky in design.

In particular, I am interested in innovative forms, material and treatments from usually independent designers, as well as foreign or forgotten curiosities, with which we have decorated our bodies through time and the world over.

It may be easiest, however, to initiate this thread with images of my everyday accessories and to ask others to do the same.

This 'bird' is obsessed with birds. For the past year +, I've been wearing this everyday:

St.Kilda Engraved Bird on a Branch, Silver Plate Charm on Chain

MBD
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

I love Ann Demeulemeester jewellery - I think it's a very underrated aspect of her work and although it's usually nothing special craftmanship-wise, I find it to be very "strong" and original.

ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

I have to agree. Although I don't own any Ann D jewelery, I find myself drawn to it, and get frustrated that other options in my price range don't have the same simplicity of design.

Lanvin have also produced a lot of fantastic statement pieces.

What do girls think of Shaun Leane and Ugo Cacciatori?

I love both and I am not into jewelry at all. Shaun Leane did all those amazing and crazy things for McQueen's shows. And I finally met Ugo this summer and got to see the entire collection in person, and there are nice gems (pun!) there.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

thanks for rejuvenating this topic, mbd. i've merged it with an earlier thread we started awhile ago. lovely pendant too.

belatedly, i'm sure i don't know what you were staring at faustie, , but that seashell pendant has long since and very mysteriously disappeared!
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Monique Rancourt

Another piece I wear often:

Margiela Watch Pendant

MBD
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Quote Originally Posted by laika View Post
    thanks for rejuvenating this topic, mbd. i've merged it with an earlier thread we started awhile ago. lovely pendant too.

belatedly, i'm sure i don't know what you were staring at faustie, , but that seashell pendant has long since and very mysteriously disappeared!
    Oh, no! It was so lovely!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine