Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Women's Jewelry

Costume jewelry is lots of fun, but precious jewelry is enduring.

2.75ct sliced diamonds set in oxidized, hand hammered sterling. French hooks. A fresh, amazing way to cut diamonds, letting so much light through.

I've recently been browsing etsy for some really interesting, one of a kind sort of jewellery.

I found these guys-Nervous System .

"Nervous System works at the intersection of science, art, and technology. We combine generative computer simulations with digital fabrication to create jewelry, art and housewares inspired by natural forms and processes"

For that really individual touch you can create your own design on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    What do girls think of Shaun Leane and Ugo Cacciatori?

I love both and I am not into jewelry at all. Shaun Leane did all those amazing and crazy things for McQueen's shows. And I finally met Ugo this summer and got to see the entire collection in person, and there are nice gems (pun!) there.
    I don't know, Faust, i own a couple of Cacciatori pieces and they are incredible. But when I look at the whole collection, there are always some tacky pieces...

Linnie McLarty's work is really interesting. She is also one of the first recipients of fair trade gold certification.

Great thread! I love jewelry. I wear a mix of K/LLER and Ann D. Some of my favorite pieces.

i've had my eyes on these for a while now:

set of four adjustable rings by MMM.

Quote Originally Posted by between View Post
    i've had my eyes on these for a while now:

set of four adjustable rings by MMM.
    Those look pretty awesome when worn together. The silver to me looks more devastating than the rose gold ones on NAP. Elegant but with an edge.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Quote Originally Posted by mona13 View Post
    Great thread! I love jewelry. I wear a mix of K/LLER and Ann D. Some of my favorite pieces.

Although I don't wear it, I too really like k/ller jewelry. Gold Bug in Pasadena carries a nice range of their line as well as some other wonderful jewelry. the whole store is pretty amazing (and amazingly overpriced). I think evagentry is behind k/ller, btw.

Never liked gold or brass jewellery before, but I thought this was nice.

sain't

My daily ring:

Ann Demeulemeester Triple Hoop Ring with 5 ct Black Diamonds in Spy Glass. 925/1000 silver

I love this ring because rather than project luxury away from the body by placing the diamond in the usual platform "setting," the spy glass draws the eyes inward, bringing luxury into the space of the intimate and of the interior.

MBD
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Default The Medley Inst.

Here are a few pieces we think you may appreciate because of their timeless elegance and unique craftsmanship. Feel free to visit our store to see more photos .

Default Black Sheep & Prodigal Sons

And a couple more...
    ...of a darker, somewhat mystical, point of view

BS&PS's gear is the best. Highly recommend it.
    I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

/\ WTF
    sain't

A few pieces from a New York based designer, Valentina Kova. Pretty kickass jewelry, we used a few things for the upcoming SZ volume 4.

Warrior range

Horologe

Megalodon (shark tooth) necklace with black diamond.

One of showpieces (actual fossilized shark tooth, millions years old).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Like the bracelet. Looks basically like Vivienne Westwood's gauntlet-esque ring extended into a circle.
    I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

girlfriend is quite happy about this, thought i'd share

m.a+'s coin pouch. works as a necklace or just a really small bag

"Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]