Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alimanu
    • May 2009

Those are really nice inconduit The ring reminds me of a music staff.

but the bracelet's closure seems kind of weird...not very practical.

What's her name? does she has a website/facebookpage/whatever to see more of her work?

Comment

• alimanu
      • May 2009

Some pieces I like...

Anya Kivarkis brooch

Karen Konsuk Concrete ring

Kyle Ng

Vered babay

Kobi Roth Supernova's

More Natalia Brilli

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
        • Oct 2010

Women's Jewelry and Accessories

My taste in 'jewelry' and other accessories is very much in line with my taste in clothing: understated and, when possible, cheeky in design.

In particular, I am interested in innovative forms, material and treatments from usually independent designers, as well as foreign or forgotten curiosities, with which we have decorated our bodies through time and the world over.

It may be easiest, however, to initiate this thread with images of my everyday accessories and to ask others to do the same.

This 'bird' is obsessed with birds. For the past year +, I've been wearing this everyday:

St.Kilda Engraved Bird on a Branch, Silver Plate Charm on Chain

MBD
        "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
        It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
        My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

I love Ann Demeulemeester jewellery - I think it's a very underrated aspect of her work and although it's usually nothing special craftmanship-wise, I find it to be very "strong" and original.

ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• GlassOrganelle
            • Aug 2011

I have to agree. Although I don't own any Ann D jewelery, I find myself drawn to it, and get frustrated that other options in my price range don't have the same simplicity of design.

Lanvin have also produced a lot of fantastic statement pieces.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

What do girls think of Shaun Leane and Ugo Cacciatori?

I love both and I am not into jewelry at all. Shaun Leane did all those amazing and crazy things for McQueen's shows. And I finally met Ugo this summer and got to see the entire collection in person, and there are nice gems (pun!) there.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

thanks for rejuvenating this topic, mbd. i've merged it with an earlier thread we started awhile ago. lovely pendant too.

belatedly, i'm sure i don't know what you were staring at faustie, , but that seashell pendant has long since and very mysteriously disappeared!
                ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Carcass
                  • May 2010

Monique Rancourt

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                    • Oct 2010

Another piece I wear often:

Margiela Watch Pendant

MBD
                    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
                      thanks for rejuvenating this topic, mbd. i've merged it with an earlier thread we started awhile ago. lovely pendant too.

belatedly, i'm sure i don't know what you were staring at faustie, , but that seashell pendant has long since and very mysteriously disappeared!
                      Oh, no! It was so lovely!
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Downtown
                        • Aug 2010

Costume jewelry is lots of fun, but precious jewelry is enduring.

2.75ct sliced diamonds set in oxidized, hand hammered sterling. French hooks. A fresh, amazing way to cut diamonds, letting so much light through.

Comment

• ticktin
                          • Oct 2011

I've recently been browsing etsy for some really interesting, one of a kind sort of jewellery.

I found these guys-Nervous System .

"Nervous System works at the intersection of science, art, and technology. We combine generative computer simulations with digital fabrication to create jewelry, art and housewares inspired by natural forms and processes"

For that really individual touch you can create your own design on their website.

Comment

• annafrost
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            What do girls think of Shaun Leane and Ugo Cacciatori?

I love both and I am not into jewelry at all. Shaun Leane did all those amazing and crazy things for McQueen's shows. And I finally met Ugo this summer and got to see the entire collection in person, and there are nice gems (pun!) there.
                            I don't know, Faust, i own a couple of Cacciatori pieces and they are incredible. But when I look at the whole collection, there are always some tacky pieces...

Comment

• Yan
                              • Mar 2008

Linnie McLarty's work is really interesting. She is also one of the first recipients of fair trade gold certification.

Comment

• mona13
                                • Feb 2009

Great thread! I love jewelry. I wear a mix of K/LLER and Ann D. Some of my favorite pieces.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎