Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deadboy
    • Jul 2013

Anyone know what's going on with Da Zoo? I saw a while back that they were moving locations and planning to re-open in spring, but I can't find anything now. Closed for good?

Comment

• sshum88
      • Dec 2007

Yes - went belly up.

Originally posted by deadboy View Post
      Anyone know what's going on with Da Zoo? Closed for good?
      Originally posted by eat me
      If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• deadboy
        • Jul 2013

That's too bad, they had some really nice stuff sometimes. Guess it's just Serpentine now.

Comment

• voice_on_tape
          • Jun 2011

If you're in the market for eyewear... Rapp Optical (788 College) has almost everything imaginable and their own line is crazy cool. The owners and staff are super awesome and knowledgeable as well. Monocle which is 2 doors down is also definitely worth stopping into for other cool lifestyle gadgets and whatnots.
          -v_o_t
          sale items

Comment

• samuray_
            • Jul 2014

any body know a spot that sells parts of four in toronto ?

Comment

• gregor
              • Oct 2014

why not sz jewellery?

i don't believe there are any stockists of po4, though.

Comment

• wahnfrieden
                • Feb 2011

Can anyone recommend someone in particular for garment repairs in downtown Toronto? From simple things like reattaching buttons, to patching jeans (where they are about to split) or other minor rips in clothing.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by wahnfrieden View Post
                  Can anyone recommend someone in particular for garment repairs in downtown Toronto? From simple things like reattaching buttons, to patching jeans (where they are about to split) or other minor rips in clothing.
                  I had a great experience with Magic Tailor.

Comment

• haydn
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
                    I had a great experience with Magic Tailor.
                    I'll second Magic Tailor - they're across from the Eaton Centre on younge. He did some amazing work with a few blazers and a leather shirt for me in the past. Not cheap and not fast but great work. Aside from repairs, a great place for tailoring if you need pants tapered or suiting cut to your body.

Comment

• wahnfrieden
                      • Feb 2011

I can report back to confirm Magic Tailor did good work on the half dozen items I brought.

Time for another question: I'm in the need of a suit or at least a blazer - particularly interesting ones would be nice. Any recommendations of stores in Toronto? The ones here that carry brands I usually pay attention to don't typically have tailored/suit items... I'm considering just taking a trip down to NYC to try out stuff like Deepti as I'm not going to find something like that here, but not sure what I might be missing.

Comment

• haydn
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by wahnfrieden View Post
                        I can report back to confirm Magic Tailor did good work on the half dozen items I brought.

Time for another question: I'm in the need of a suit or at least a blazer - particularly interesting ones would be nice. Any recommendations of stores in Toronto? The ones here that carry brands I usually pay attention to don't typically have tailored/suit items... I'm considering just taking a trip down to NYC to try out stuff like Deepti as I'm not going to find something like that here, but not sure what I might be missing.
                        Sadly,you won't find anything interesting in terms of construction in mens tailoring in Toronto at the moment. Serpentine is still the only go-to, but lacking when it comes to suiting - "it's not our customer" as they've told me. If you're online shopping, open up a mailbox in Niagara / Buffalo and ship there to avoid import duties (pm me if you need suggestions).

Comment

• wahnfrieden
                          • Feb 2011

Thanks haydn. I ended up finding a Rick blazer at Garb in great condition. Seems consignment is the best bet here outside ordering online or going down to NYC.

Sydney's used to carry some interesting brands a few years ago, but they seem to have become a lot more conservative and local in their selection.

Comment

• etgreg
                            • Jan 2011

wahnfrieden there's always SIMONS. They carry Rick Owens suits.

Comment

• kattah
                              • Feb 2018

I haven't read the whole thread but has anyone mentioned Serpentine?

Luxury high-end Lifestyle Clothing Store. We carry Rick owens, Amiri & The Cast to name a few.

Comment

• kattah
                                • Feb 2018

Originally posted by samuray_ View Post
                                any body know a spot that sells parts of four in toronto ?

sadly, don't think so :( if you order via their insta DM, they're very good with shipping to Toronto and being helpful in general.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎