• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Lumen Et Umbra

[quote user="Casius"]Nice, maybe I'll try giving Harvey's a call (is the owner's name Harvey?). I really want to see how much the knitwear is.

P.S. I think I put this in the women's thread but Gamma player in Chicago is going to be the first US retailer to carry the line this coming Spring 08.

[/quote]

Weird. Out of all places, Chicago...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ionn26
      • Feb 2007

Actually I have heard of Chegini... they carry stuff like Dior and Dsquared.. like popular stuff... I have heard of Harvey too in berlin.. although I really have to be honest and have never called them or seen the store.

I have called Chegini before for Dsquared(oh yes.. the trashy days) and the lady.. her last name is also chegini is actually the owner .. she is very very nice.. and helpful.

I would not be too surprised to hear Gemma in Chicago to carry it first. They are a store that quitely always carry ultra rare labels that non of the Chicagoan's appreciate. I guess it is still too midwest to be be avant-garde. Although again they are also very nice store to deal with

Comment

• Trendy Andy
        • Jun 2007

[quote user="Casius"]Nice, maybe I'll try giving Harvey's a call (is the owner's name Harvey?). I really want to see how much the knitwear is.

P.S. I think I put this in the women's thread but Gamma player in Chicago is going to be the first US retailer to carry the line this coming Spring 08.

[/quote]

Hey Casius,

Any suggestions where to hit up for shopping, partying or just having a great time here in Chicago? I'm here on vacation and I haven't been here before. Let me know.

This Lumen et Umbra collection looks impressive.

-Andy

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Honestly, I haven't been to Chicago in quite some time, but it's a wonderful city. But I am not goinig to be much help in any of those subjects, sorry. :(
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

not sure about shopping (outside of the "million dollar mile" or whatever they call their shopping street...) but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEeat at one or both of these restaurants. They will CHANGE YOUR LIFE:

Moto

Alinea

Spend your $200 on a meal at either one of these places and you will never forget it. I kid you not. You will forever compare every restaurant you eat at to these two after dinner at either.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Trendy Andy
              • Jun 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

not sure about shopping (outside of the "million dollar mile" or whatever they call their shopping street...) but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEeat at one or both of these restaurants. They will CHANGE YOUR LIFE:

Moto

Alinea

Spend your $200 on a meal at either one of these places and you will never forget it. I kid you not. You will forever compare every restaurant you eat at to these two after dinner at either.

[/quote]

Hey Albert,

Good looking out. I'll be sure to hit those 2 restaurants up. You've been to Chicago I presume. Any suggestion as to shopping or any other "worth while" activities here?

-Andy

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Andy, I used to live in the 'burbs of Chicago but this was years ago. I'd say if you're a museum goer then the natural history museum is nice. Shedd aquarium is awesome.

I wish I could tell you more about other stuff there but I just don't know the area that well anymore.

For Moto and Alinea, make your reservations now. It's a full house every night at those places. You won't be able to just walk in.

Those two are next on my list of restaurants in the molecular-gastronomy chef family. WD50 in NYC and MiniBar in DC are right up there as absolute experiences. Masa and Per Se are going to be experienced at some point too... I just need to get the money together for Masa hahaha

Have fun!!!!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

not to side track this thread, but i'm going to wd50 on saturday and hopefully per se on sunday (finger's crossed!). masa is also up there on the list. i'm a foodie n00b, but new york will hopefully break that status.
                  Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

hehe, yeah sorry for sidetracking it...

wd50 is amazing. Only order the tasting menu and get all the dishes. You can add dishes from their regular menu in tasting sizes as well and they'll insert them perfectly into the order of your dishes. They recently recruited the dessert guy from Alinea so be sure to have those tastings as well.

If you go later in the evening (last seating or so) then you can chat with Wylie himself and he'll give you a quick tour of the kitchen if you want. Really quite an experience.

Per Se? I'm envious! Masa? Out of this world!

If you're a food noob, this is a hell of a way to start Joey. It'll make many places taste bland in comparison after hitting some of the top top restaurants in NYC!

Enjoy!!!

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                      • Jun 2007

[/quote]

I just went to Gamma Player on Division Street and spoke with the store owner Yoko. She said they have already placed the order for the Spring '08 collection but it wont arrive until January of '08 .

However, I did land on some other great finds in her boutique store while I was there, so far that has been the most impressive store in Wicker Park/Buck Town area in Chicago.

-Andy

Comment

Sartoru showed me photos of the SS08 (I think?) Lumen pieces A will be carrying. As he described it, many of the pieces were very reminiscent of L'Maltieri. I remember a great jacket and some well-cut pants.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

weird. i asked A if they were carrying new lines and they told me no. that's cool that they picked up lumen et umbra.
                          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

[quote user="ddohnggo"]weird. i asked A if they were carrying new lines and they told me no. that's cool that they picked up lumen et umbra.
                            [/quote]

I guess they need something to fill a space that's twice as big...

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Not to mention Lumen makes both men and women's clothing....

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

For the upcoming space, they'll be carrying the same brands as now, just carrying a greater buy (in terms of pieces and the range of sizes).. Lument is getting picked up... but I'm not sure about how innovative or interesting of a line it is in the end.

It definitely matches the aesthetic that customers at A have (or at least the type that they target), but it's nothing new or different. It doesn't carve out its own specific niche. It's like a watered down LMaltieri mixed with J Crew.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎