X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Lumen Et Umbra

I agree with that. There are some interesting pieces and the price point seems a bit better than LM or Cdiem was but I think with that also comes a lack of originality. I guess we'll see what they have in store for SS08 though.

A will also be filling the space with...a small womens buy. :D

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Hehe, aside from ordering some Ann womens jewelry, are they picking up some womens clothes?

(sorry to deride this thread haha)

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

Yea, at least from what I was told, the buy would be small as of now but expand later. I could definitely see them doing well with womenswear as long as the word spread.

Should we finally make an Atelier thread? haha

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• desultory
          • Aug 2007

Liked the stuff on their website, particularly the womenswear. There's a simplicity, a quiet achievement, which is admirable.

Comment

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

It's like a watered down LMaltieri mixed with J Crew.

[/quote]

Heh. Is it wrong that this description totally appeals to me?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I am looking forward to women shopping at A. Oh, yes.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Pinoy
                • Dec 2006

Longtime lurker on this forum and just decided to start posting :)

This forum's been really great on uncovering up and coming designers and bringing their work to a more public sphere.

Like some, I'm really liking a few of Lumen et Umbra's pieces? specifically the turtleneck, the white shirt with straps, and the leather jacket.

Hopefully they will retail at reasonable price points.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ look, danieldy's first post.

S/S 09

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• what_counts
                    • Mar 2008

Just recently picked up a black knit sweater from this line and I love it, the details are subtle with great material and fit
                    just thought I'd attempt to bring this thread back up to see if anyone else has any more information they'd like to share

the only thing I've been able to find was the website http://www.lumenetumbra.biz/

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

A little preview of FW2012 from StyleZeitgeist magazine.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

I'm very interested to see how they translate this into clothing and/or utilize it as inspiration for design. The patternwork I hope will be incredible because you can really do a lot with those anatomic components... certainly the spine would be a more obvious one for translation but the neurosensory components as inspiration can be taken to an interesting level.
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                          • Jan 2011

i forget that the spine looks like a big ol caterpillar.

those digital images are pretty awesome and will be great -- I wouldn't mind seeing their take on a "spine" knit that LUC has done before, or if they were to construct the structure of their garments around those patterns. pretty vague though so I'm excited to see the results from Paris...

Comment

• fashiondisaster
                            • May 2011

The video is nice ..
                            Certainly i 'm limited..., but I really can not imagine the collection (through video) and this intrigues me a lot.

My only concern is that: the references to anatomy and movement of the body are the cornerstone of Devoa, that it has developed extremely well !!!...
                            I do not understand why, now, Lumen is also interested at this concept.
                            FD
                            SEEKING SELECTIVE REASERCH

Comment

• kuugaia
                              • Feb 2010

^ I would say the cornerstone of a lot labels discussed on this forum focuses on the human anatomy and movement of the body. It's a necessary cornerstone for any label to create well-constructed and thoughtful clothing. Devoa's references are probably just a lot more transparent given the designer's personal history.

Comment

• fashiondisaster
                                • May 2011

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                                ^ I would say the cornerstone of a lot labels discussed on this forum focuses on the human anatomy and movement of the body. It's a necessary cornerstone for any label to create well-constructed and thoughtful clothing. Devoa's references are probably just a lot more transparent given the designer's personal history.
                                Yes sure..i agreee...but i thing that unlike the others (for which the anatomy / body movement) is a fact implied, related to the fit of the dress, for Devoa, it is a concept deeply rooted.
                                It is part of Devoa like the salt is as part of the water of the sea ...
                                For others, it is an important aspect, but not so rooted and so exposed...

Morevoer if we read this : http://scoute.org/creators/lumenetumbra

We dont find reference or interest from Lumen designer to anatomy and body movement...

I hope not to be misunderstood.

FD
                                SEEKING SELECTIVE REASERCH

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍