X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badseeds
    • Mar 2007

Re: International Ordering

cas, i have ordered from them before.shipping was$30 GBP for a jacket. super fast shipping, and custom service was excellent. I was not charged any custom fees (not sure if they lowered the value or not, but i didnt spend too much)

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Thanks man! I think it might be cheaper ordering through them than through Paris like I was thinking of doing.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Casius-

This is Chim posting from albert's account. As others have said, matches charges about 75 USD for shipping, but they ship it DHL express and it gets to you within days. However, you will probably be hit with a customs charge because DHL always charges you for it. I paid about 1400 usd and got hit for about 80 dollars in customs, so it wasn't too bad.

They include a prepaid return slip as well, which I found was a nice touch. Overall, matches online is a good experience.

HOWEVER, they also have a store front from which you can call and order internationally. This is a lot less organized and a lot more haphazard; as long as you stay within the online website you should be alright. Keep in mind that the actual store has a different selection of goods as well.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Chim- Thanks a bunch man! $80 for a $1400 order is a really good deal so I think I'm gonna go for it as the shipping prices aren't too bad either. Interesting about the store front though, I didn't even realize they had one.
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• bakla
            • Oct 2006

/\ Yeah, it does sound like an okay deal. I haven't ordered anything from a store overseas yet because I always go via proxies or ebay kinds of deals. Does anyone here know how much customs rates are and at what cut-off price levels? Judging from the above statement, it doesn't seem too horrible, especially if you order less expensive items. But I'd be curious to see what people's experiences have been, now that ecommerce is becoming such a standard thing internationally.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"]

/\ Yeah, it does sound like an okay deal. I haven't ordered anything from a store overseas yet because I always go via proxies or ebay kinds of deals. Does anyone here know how much customs rates are and at what cut-off price levels? Judging from the above statement, it doesn't seem too horrible, especially if you order less expensive items. But I'd be curious to see what people's experiences have been, now that ecommerce is becoming such a standard thing internationally.

[/quote]

It's 10% + some bullshit US government $25 fee. That's what I got from Luisa via Roma shipped via FedEx. I've also ordered from Browns via DHL and paid nothing. I guess it varies company by company in terms of what value they declare and so on.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Tiger
                Banned
                • Sep 2006

A will NOT take any international orders anymore until further notice.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Jun"]A will NOT take any international orders anymore until further notice.
                  [/quote]

But Faust will [66]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Most interesting that A stopped international orders... I wonder what happened? First L'Eclaireur stopped shipping (although I believe they weren't doing phone orders unless they knew you in person... I didn't even get the chance to take advantage of the shipping...) anywhere and now Atelier...

Everyone outside of the US, go through Faust!!!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• mustard
                      • Mar 2007

Has anyone ordered from Matches from Canada?

I'm looking to order something around $2300 and I imagine the customs will be crazy. The $80 customs with Chim's $1400 order sounds very enticing but us Canadians usually get screwed more.

Chim, did you only have to pay the VAT-reduced price?

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

So who'se the best japanese proxy these days (price+service)?
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

a friend of mine is occasionally in tokyo so I try to use him as much as possible, but as far as proxies go, I've been using a friend of Juno's for quite a while (he operates under bid-service.jp as well), and service / effectiveness wise he is without a doubt the best. quick replies, instant order after payment, instant shipping and so on. his e-mail is miffy (at) bid-service.jp. hes more on the expensive side though, 15% I think.

Sharpservice seems effective, but I've only made a couple of inquiries. highly rated though.

price wise, I think there are a couple of proxies that have posts on superfuture that charge around 10%. I've used Haji (parachutes on sufu) and he charges 10% I think. not the most effective or quickest, but reliable guy. he mentioned living in Tokyo now so he might be up for store pickups. Sharp also does stores I think

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Avantster
                            ¤¤¤
                            • Sep 2006

I use Celga for Y! items or online shops that don't ship internationally. They charge around 10% + shipping, and the packaging is always well done. They aren't the quickest or that flexible but their reliability is rock solid. Main advantage for those in the states is they have a company and street address in California if there were any issues.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• nycd
                              • Oct 2006

I just purchased some items from mindtrive through celga.com.

Their communication was good. shipping wasn't fast, but they did let me know what was going on during each step of the process.

Comment

• ardeetee
                                • Apr 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Most interesting that A stopped international orders... I wonder what happened? First L'Eclaireur stopped shipping (although I believe they weren't doing phone orders unless they knew you in person... I didn't even get the chance to take advantage of the shipping...) anywhere and now Atelier...

Everyone outside of the US, go through Faust!!!

[/quote]

I can do L'Eclaireur[66] And I finally found a much more reasonable way to ship both within the EU and to the US; however, it's best for people who don't care for the box or if the box can fit within the pre-paid shipping box. I've put the details in my proxy thread to keep this tread on track, but it's much cheaper than what FedEx, UPS, etc. was telling me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎