• Show
Clear All
  • coup de grace
    x
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
    bump....
    it's the most wonderful time of the year
    and i am woefully behind and seeking inspiration.
    plz post gift ideas here
    ccp plz

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

ccp, the obvious choice for the boy
      who has everything already.

faust, dare i ask
      what you are getting for the women in your life?

coco de mer has some funny things!
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

the margiela book is another good one, also if they read a particular author quite a bit or love a specific book buying the first edition is a neat idea.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
          ccp, the obvious choice for the boy
          who has everything already.

faust, dare i ask
          what you are getting for the women in your life?

coco de mer has some funny things!
          none of what i posted above.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rider View Post
            the margiela book is another good one, also if they read a particular author quite a bit or love a specific book buying the first edition is a neat idea.
            My favorite gifts to give and to receive. Too bad I hardly have people in my life who read.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• genevieveryoko
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Too bad I hardly have people in my life who read.
              you're joking, right? There's a special someone in my life who doesn't read...he buys plenty of books but I'm the one that reads them

anyway, a great gift idea I think would some A.F. Vandevorst lingerie, or some of their books are also really quite interesting, dealing with things the wife might find interesting...

I love getting fashion gifts but so rarely does someone else know exactly what I want, or what size to get...why not just spoil the girl and get her a gift certificate for a really good massage?
              http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• fadetogrey
                • Apr 2009

I agree with books and massages! I like getting things that I wouldn't normally get myself, like semi-pricey fashion books. In the past my boyfriend and I have just gone on vacation during/after x-mas and called that our gift to eachother.

Comment

• MoFiya
                  • Sep 2007

I somehow still like the idea of the DH You & Me Bracelet... Although it's kind of kitschy.

And although it's not my significant other, here is what I got my mom for christmas: a hand-made porcelain vase.. I just adore the simplicity yet the modernity. The design is adopted from some era I forgot long ago. Nevertheless I find the design so super-timeless... Well... blablabla
                  Last edited by MoFiya; 12-16-2009, 03:40 PM.
                  I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                  But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

A rather sexist gift, Mona. What would you say if he got you a set of cooking pots?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• merkuri
                      • Sep 2009

that's why i don;t buy my wife shoes. how will she remain barefoot if I do?

purchased more gifts today:

gift card to craft for my partner, william sonoma hot chocolate for the doormen and porter. nothing exciting, but almost done at least.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

All right, all right, I wanted to see how you'd react ;-)

I have to say, I find these multi-tools rather worthless in terms of function, mostly because they have an annoying tendency to fold back in during use. Maybe because I have a cheapo one that I got for free when a long time ago when my company was bought by another company and they wanted to show us that they were the good guys, before they would screw us.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

On a side note, I find it incredibly hard to shop for gifts for extended family. It's hard to buy anything worthwhile (except books, but nobody reads) under $20, except toys for kids. In that respect I must be the easiest person - I just broadcast my Amazon wish-list.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

I try not to buy christmas gifts or birthday presents, but sometime you just have to to make sure it stays mutual. I buy things when they pop up and i come to think of a person. Mostly the idea of what to give pops up before i find the reason to give it to them. I don't like shopping from wish lists. It defeats the whole purpose of making it a happy surprise. I want gifts to be gifts, not orders.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

While I understand that, Heirloom, an indispensable attribute of a present is its appeal to the one you gift. I HATE giving and getting useless junk - it is incredibly wasteful. And since I usually have a dozen books or so in my wishlist, the element of surprise is always there. Everyone who knows me knows that I am incredibly picky, so my family pretty much gives up and gives me cash for my birthday, which I find to be the most fitting and therefore satisfying present, because it allows me to buy what I want. It's even better when I combine money from several relatives and buy something nice and they know they all contributed to this one thing (which in a way reflects the essence of family).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
                                • Aug 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡