Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Junya Watanabe S/S 08

Default Junya Watanabe S/S 08

This is soooo PRETTY! I love it! The necklines and sleeves are especially lovely.

I don't usually bother with getty because of the watermark, but I was really excited when I saw this. [64]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Default Re: Junya Watanabe S/S 08

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

lovely collection! I really like it too

I like the cuts, but I'm not crazy about those patterns from the first look. And I love that the Japanese always use hats in their shows [Y]
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

There are lots of non-patterned pieces...I'll post when I find better pics.

Your reaction to floral prints is getting predictable....[74] although I'm pretty sure those are not florals.

I am really loving these washed colors with the metallic trim. [64] And the wave-like folding and draping gives it an almost oceanic quality. Spring is going to be pretty!

[quote user="laika"]

There are lots of non-patterned pieces...I'll post when I find better pics.

Your reaction to floral prints is getting predictable....[74] although I'm pretty sure those are not florals.

I am really loving these washed colors with the metallic trim. [64] And the wave-like folding and draping gives it an almost oceanic quality. Spring is going to be pretty!

[/quote]

Can you fault a man for being consistent?! [74][73]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

More...I am really so pleased with this!

Love this red look [64]

You can just catch the back of the first dress in the second pic...almost looks like it has a hood! [64][64]

Oh it was such a beautiful show that put your head into the clouds:) I likehis take onchanel jkts, with two sleaves on the back. Laika I think the patern was mostly floral, wallpaper.

I also like that he offered quite a variety of looks, not like SS07 (frocks, shirts and jeans:)

I have heard that a buyer complained "must buy them all":D

it is late, but this is really fantastic. I need to look at it more closely, but I love the movement and flow of the jackets and dresses. He is fast becoming my favorite designer.

This is all so fun. I like the frill and color, it's all executed magnificently.

My favorites;
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

[quote user="nqth"]

Oh it was such a beautiful show that put your head into the clouds:) I likehis take onchanel jkts, with two sleaves on the back. Laika I think the patern was mostly floral, wallpaper.

I also like that he offered quite a variety of looks, not like SS07 (frocks, shirts and jeans:)

I have heard that a buyer complained "must buy them all":D

[/quote]

I am dying of envy....did you take any pictures? I can only imagine how these clothes move. [51]

Seventh, I've been scouring the internet for detail shots, but haven't found any yet. [72] I'm looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts!

As long as Junya keeps doing that thing where skirts and dresses fold upon themselves at the bottom I?m in.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Yes I took quite a few pictures;) but I used my non_digital camera and will have to process them later when I'll be back in Warsaw.

The print is pasley, liberty;) from the description. Do you know that the Chanel jkt is neither wool nor tweed, but wrinkled cotton, and the goldfinishing ismade frommetallic wires ? ;) It's crazy and weightsa litle.

The jackets sound amazing! I love it when he uses metals. [64] I can't wait to see your pictures...(and also to hear what you thought about comme) [66]

Even later than Seventh, but this looks really beautiful to me. There is a clear "Junya style" to this (the play on the Chanel jacket, the prints, the metalic edges, the rouching), but it is reinvented and seems really new. I love the lightness of the fabrics,and the Chanel jackets are feckin great. There are some similarities to the mens show for summer 2008 - the preppy shirts (which I actually don't lkike for the womendswear) and the shoes.This also seems to be something that he continues to do. Anyway it's great!