• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Junya Watanabe S/S 08

[quote user="nqth"]

Oh it was such a beautiful show that put your head into the clouds:) I likehis take onchanel jkts, with two sleaves on the back. Laika I think the patern was mostly floral, wallpaper.

I also like that he offered quite a variety of looks, not like SS07 (frocks, shirts and jeans:)

I have heard that a buyer complained "must buy them all":D

[/quote]

I am dying of envy....did you take any pictures? I can only imagine how these clothes move. [51]

Seventh, I've been scouring the internet for detail shots, but haven't found any yet. [72] I'm looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts!

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

As long as Junya keeps doing that thing where skirts and dresses fold upon themselves at the bottom I?m in.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• nqth
        • Sep 2006

Yes I took quite a few pictures;) but I used my non_digital camera and will have to process them later when I'll be back in Warsaw.

The print is pasley, liberty;) from the description. Do you know that the Chanel jkt is neither wool nor tweed, but wrinkled cotton, and the goldfinishing ismade frommetallic wires ? ;) It's crazy and weightsa litle.

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

The jackets sound amazing! I love it when he uses metals. [64] I can't wait to see your pictures...(and also to hear what you thought about comme) [66]
          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

Even later than Seventh, but this looks really beautiful to me. There is a clear "Junya style" to this (the play on the Chanel jacket, the prints, the metalic edges, the rouching), but it is reinvented and seems really new. I love the lightness of the fabrics,and the Chanel jackets are feckin great. There are some similarities to the mens show for summer 2008 - the preppy shirts (which I actually don't lkike for the womendswear) and the shoes.This also seems to be something that he continues to do. Anyway it's great!

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

I'm not crazy about the prints, but the shapes he creates are wonderful. These are my favorite, the texture of that white top looks interesting and that the neckline and fold on the blue dress is great, if I were a girl that would be my summer dress next year.

[quote user="laika"]

[/quote]
              music

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍