X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • agentred
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by voice_on_tape View Post

Colors: black, camo, and amber. With or without nose pads.
    Thanks! Very aggressive fit, I like it

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by agentred View Post
      Agreed, kudos on otherfashion, my only question is: can we get fit pics on any of the glasses? I tried googling the numbers but they often just link back to OF or other sites with the same pictures.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Who?
        • Aug 2007

How and where does an individual learn to make eyewear?
        WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Who? View Post
          How and where does an individual learn to make eyewear?
          I've looked into this before... had a bit of a time trying to find some place to purchase acetate blanks (although horn plates may actually be a little bit easier since its a medium that is used for other things like knife handles etc.). In theory (and from photos I've seen of frames being cut from acetate) it wouldn't be too bad to create basic frames although things like getting lenses fit for them I know nothing about and where you would purchase the hinges I don't know either.

Let me know what you come across! I'd be curious about the process :)
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
            • Mar 2009

That guy looks like Chris Ofili.
            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• agentred
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              [CENTER][URL="http://www.sz-mag.com/news/2013/07/rigards-fw-2013-eyewear/"]Rigards Fit Photos on StyleZeitgeist Magazine
              Excellent, thank you, it's great to see all the fit pics arranged in one place.

Comment

• voice_on_tape
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                I've looked into this before... had a bit of a time trying to find some place to purchase acetate blanks (although horn plates may actually be a little bit easier since its a medium that is used for other things like knife handles etc.). In theory (and from photos I've seen of frames being cut from acetate) it wouldn't be too bad to create basic frames although things like getting lenses fit for them I know nothing about and where you would purchase the hinges I don't know either.

Let me know what you come across! I'd be curious about the process :)
                Pm me i can get you started in the right direction for production if you'd really like to venture into eyewear
                -v_o_t
                sale items

Comment

• Arcane
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by voice_on_tape View Post
                  Pm me i can get you started in the right direction for production if you'd really like to venture into eyewear
                  It would be very interesting to see more of this in the thread, not only private messages. The level of insight into production this forum offers is rather impressive but eyewear is somewhat lacking.
                  Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• voice_on_tape
                    • Jun 2011

I'm happy to discuss anything eyewear related in the thread. I work in the industry. Some production related things I wouldn't be able to state openly, but for people that are seriously interested in that info and are wanting to produce eyewear I will discuss that through pm :)
                    -v_o_t
                    sale items

Comment

• darkbydesign
                      • Sep 2010

Has anyone else on here ordered a pair of Rigards and then had them custom fit with prescription lenses? I'd like to get a pair and make them my day-to-day so would put in a prescription. As far as I know, there's no way to do this all-in-one, so figure I should buy the glasses and then take them somewhere here in NYC for the lenses etc. Is this possible?

I know, it's naive, but usually I get my lenses and frames at the same place, so just trying to figure out if this is even possible with a pair of Rigards frames.

Thanks for any advice.
                      DxD

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Yes, any reputable optician will replace the lenses for you. That's what the guys at Rigards told us when we were setting up their brand on Other Fashion.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkbydesign
                          • Sep 2010

^^Cool. I just wanted to check. I get all paranoid about the horn material in the hands of some random place. haha

I might give it a try. The camo frames (of any design) are just so unique that they are hard to pass up.

Comment

• voice_on_tape
                            • Jun 2011

The only one that will he difficult is the RG0001 with the points going into the lenses. It takes a special lab to process lenses for those. Don't just go to any optical shop. Definitely don't take it to a LensCrafters. In NYC I would recommend taking them to Morganthal Frederics on Madison. They do horn frames and their labs are highly capable. Not every lab can do horn, and most opticians policies for outside frames is "at your own risk"
                            -v_o_t
                            sale items

Comment

• darkbydesign
                              • Sep 2010

^Thanks for the great advice. I do like the ones you refer to and then some others. Trying to decide on RG0001 vs 0017 (OF) vs 0016 (OF) Maybe that'll help me decide... I'll definitely use your recommendation on where to get lenses put in. :-)

Comment

• voice_on_tape
                                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
                                ^Thanks for the great advice. I do like the ones you refer to and then some others. Trying to decide on RG0001 vs 0017 (OF) vs 0016 (OF) Maybe that'll help me decide... I'll definitely use your recommendation on where to get lenses put in. :-)
                                I'm not saying RG0001 cannot be done in rx, in fact JMV rocks this. Just saying that most labs couldn't do it and most opticians won't touch it. Lux Lab and and a few others could def do it. I can find a few places in manhattan that process through Lux lab and pm you that info if you decide on the RG0001
                                -v_o_t
                                sale items

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎