• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Re: FOOD!

the meatballs at ikea are awesome. </p>

right now the client is having a thanksgiving potluck. so much great foodddddddddd. </p>
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="Johnny"]Ive had Sweedish meatballs at Ikea. They were nice.[/quote]<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div><div>They have 99cent breakfast too! </div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div><div>...That Mr. Kamprad is a genius.</div>

[/quote]</p>

His real genius lays in diverting all the profits tax-free (in Sweden, mind you) to some dubious non-profit organization that he runs.</p>
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xeefus
        • Oct 2007

[quote user="Johnny"]Ive had Sweedish meatballs at Ikea. They were nice.[/quote]
        I hope you guys are kidding me?
        The meatballs at IKEA aren't even close to good![76]
        My mom's meatballs with mashed potatoes, cucumber and raw stirred lingonberries (like the jam but not the jelly-like consistence) are the best.

There's a neat recipe for it!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="xeefus"][quote user="Johnny"]Ive had Sweedish meatballs at Ikea. They were nice.[/quote]
          My mom's meatballs with mashed potatoes, cucumber and raw stirred lingonberries (like the jam but not the jelly-like consistence) are the best.

[/quote]</p>

Where do you live, again?</p>
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xeefus
            • Oct 2007

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="xeefus"][quote user="Johnny"]Ive had Sweedish meatballs at Ikea. They were nice.[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Where do you live, again? </P>[/quote]

I'm from Luleå, in the norther part of Sweden.

Comment

• Piffen
              • Aug 2007

My mom's meatballs with mashed potatoes, cucumberand rawstirred lingonberries (like the jam but not the jelly-likeconsistence) are the best.

[/quote]</P>

Haha, you possibly cannot be serious..[74]</P>

Xeefus, you are as right as one can be. Raising IKEAs meatballs to the sky is, if anything, blasphemy. Kamprad is dragging swedish food culture in the dirt.. Where is the world going..[^o)]</P>

Y'all need to go to Luleå and get down with the locals! [73]</P>

Comment

• delroylindo
                • Sep 2007

Anyone here have a Japadog in Vancouver before. Best dog ever!!!

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Did you guys see this article on high levels of mercury in tuna? [:O]</p>

</p>

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

Never been a fan of maguro, but this news leads me to abandon toro consumption. Total bummer man.
                    Originally posted by Faust
                    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

oh well. i'll still eat tuna. </p>

thinking of making a trip to chicago w/ the gf to go to alinea. yumyum.</p>
                      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• mass
                        • Sep 2006

food is one of the things i cheap out on unfortunately since i don't have very many tastebuds left.

Comment

• xeefus
                          • Oct 2007

[quote user="mass"]food is one of the things i cheap out on unfortunately since i don't have very many tastebuds left.[/quote]
                          Huh? That must be horrible. Food is awesome... well... atleast good food.
                          What happened to your tastebuddies?

Comment

• Joe
                            • Jun 2007

Who needs tastebuds. ;) Eating alone is the best, then there'sno need for maners. :P</P>

Always laughed at people who's on a diet, but now after several years of hard training but also extrem eating, I've decided to do it myself. Don't eat white bread and after eight... Also more vegetables. But im going nuts when walking buy a restaurant or so, really hard when your a food lover.</P>
                            <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Comment

• keith
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

My experience at WD-50 about a year ago was nothing short of top notch. Even though my brother and were there for the last seating, we had flawless service. On top of the full-on chef's tasting menu, we had added tasting portions of 3 other dishes on the menu and they added them to the courses at perfect times and intervals. </p>

The servers were really enthusiastic (and rocking raw denim levi's as is their uniform) and the bartender was really cool too. The drinks rock there for those that just want a stopoff, I would say I love the drinks at WD-50 and PDT (the secret bar behind the phone booth at Crif Dogs) the most out of any place I've been to in the city. At WD-50, the bartender makes drinks that complement the food and the style/concept behind Wylie's dishes the best.</p>

After our meal, my brother and I were given a tour of the kitchen and we chatted with Wylie and Sam (Mason) for a while before we left. Awesome guys.</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

I'm glad to read this. I'm headed to wd50 this weekend. I've been trying to get el bulli for years, no dice, so we went to La Alqueria (el bulli's sister restaurant in Sevilla, which does a tasting menu of el bulli's "greatest hits"). It was pretty fucking amazing. We've got plans to hit Alinea later this year. We are considering doing Trotter's while we are there, but as Bakla noted, it can be pretty tough to do two major tasting menus in a short time period.</p>

I'm almost completely out of the market for clothes--too fucking expensive. I can pony up for a serious meal, though. Somehow the latter is less habit-forming. Probably because I'm still cool with cheap eats, and always on the look out for a good value; in clothing, once you've acquired a taste for Rick Owens, it is hard to go back to the Gap, and there is no equivalent of cheap eats when it comes to good clothes, from my point of view.
                              </p>

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Hey Keith! Good to see you! Let me know how your experience turns out - thinking to take Mrs. Faust there soon.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎