• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
    /6061/6063585911_10d56f1012_z.jpg[/img]
    wow god that all looks so good , u kno somethin i dont rly like tomatoes but that salad thing with buttermilk looks good as hale like kinda tangy but smooth , i need somethin to eat am hungry i wish i had someone to make supper for me once in a while :(

Comment

• thehouseofdis
      • Jan 2010

Going to Kajitsu with some friends tonight. The first time I was there I had a fantastic meal. If you're in NYC and want to experience authentic Japanese Shojin cuisine it is a must.
      THE HOUSE OF DIS
      embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
        Any drinks I absolutely must order at Aviary?

Did you get to go? Would love to hear all about it. The clear cocktail was one of the more intriguing ones for me... anything utilizing the rotary evaporator would make for an interesting experience due to the capability of extracting individual item flavors and odors.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• birdytg
          • Feb 2010

May I maybe recommand you to try JOGETSUDO for any japanese tea and matcha.
          They have two locations:
          - one in Tokyo (not far from fish market):
          Tsukiji Kyoeikai Bldg.1F
          4-7-5 Tsukiji Chuo-ku
          Tokyo 104-0045
          TĂ©l : +81(3) 3547 4747
          - one in Paris (Saint Germain des Prés district):
          95, rue de Seine – Paris 6e
          TĂ©l : +33 (0) 1 46 33 94 90
          Fax : +33 (0) 1 46 33 06 84
          This is a very old traditional tea house and sell very high quality japanese teas from reasonnable prices to high prices.
          I personnaly buy all my teas in Tokyo when I am there but can find the exact same teas in Paris (prices a bit higher).
          You can also buy online. (japanese, english and french languages):
          http://www.jugetsudo.fr/
          They also sell artist ceramics, japanese cakes and biscuits and give intensive courses.
          In PARIS the store is pretty small but very nice and has an old centuries cave for exhibitions and courses.

http://www.mypixeldiary.com
          http://www.birdytg.com
          www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
          http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
            Did you get to go? Would love to hear all about it. The clear cocktail was one of the more intriguing ones for me... anything utilizing the rotary evaporator would make for an interesting experience due to the capability of extracting individual item flavors and odors.
            I did go. It was a largely positive experience. However, I think they still need to do some tweaking. It seemed like they had made truly fascinating cocktails, but they were (for the most part) good, not great. Drinks are in no particular order below.

We did a "tasting menu" and a handful of a la carte drinks. I think the old fashioned, unexciting though it was by comparison, was the favorite:

It was extremely good, though traditional, and smashing the ice with a slingshot was just the right kind of gimmick. It was very fun.

Probably the most interesting drink we tried was the blueberry:

It started out mild, and as it infused, gained more and more of the flavors of the fruits and herbs. It would have been brilliant with a bit less strawberry. As it was, the bitterness grew over time, but was overwhelmed by the sweet strawberry flavor after maybe 15 minutes.

One of the more fun drinks (one that I wouldn't order again though) was the "Rooibos"

Watching it make itself at the table, like a steeping vacuum pot of coffee, was great fun. After that though, it tasted like lightly spiked rooibos tea, which fit the name, but was less than we had hoped.

One cocktail that turned out simply delicious was the two in one. It was a barrel aged negroni poured into a sweet white cocktail. The combination was utterly fantastic:

Of the three on the tasting menu that we tried, I wouldn't say any were particularly exciting. One of my dining companions disagreed strongly about the first, a champagne cocktail with a float of startlingly bitter sorrel essence/oil/extract/something.

I will edit after I wake up.
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• holger
              • Mar 2009

quick lunch with family

Video

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT
              SZ Stock ausm Arsch und entspannen!

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by munch View Post
                hmm might be going to Vienna in a bit. what should I try to eat? wiener schnitzel and sachertorte I gotta try but I don't really know much about austrian food nor if there is any really good restaurants there :) thanks
                way late but definitely do steirereck, need to reserve that one quite a bit in advance though. the only world class restaurant in vienna in my opinion. tasting menu with wine and tip and all that will probably end up around 300 euros per person though. other very good high-end restaurants but for fairly reasonable prices are ein wiener salon and gaumenspiel. skip the heuriger for schnitzel, go to immervoll (recently changed owner/name, but the food has remained just as good) instead.

the best bars in vienna are loos american bar near kärtnerstrasse and first floor near schwedenplatz. after having enough drinks, get a käsekrainer (sausage filled with molten cheese) with mustard and bread at a wĂ¼rstelstand. everyone has their own favourite late night wĂ¼rstelstand, mine is the one at hoher markt.

if you want a great austrian food experience in new york, go to cafe katja near project no. 8b. every plate has loads of meat on it, but not in a gross man vs food way. theyre quite small and dont do reservations, so try going at an odd time. skip the austrian place in soho thats built inside a swarovski store, their desserts are really good but everything else is ok at best.
                Originally posted by jogu
                i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• munch
                  • Aug 2008

not really late, had to delay the trip a bit. but I'll definitely keep this in mind for when I actually get there!

those places look great! hmm, hopefully I'll be able to afford Steirereck, it looks amazing.
                  the other three I'll definitely check out, Immervoll I've heard good about too I think.

.. and that cheese filled sausage sounds divine.

thanks a lot!

Comment

• endersgame
                    • Aug 2009

i had a craving for something sweet so i went to city bakery..they have this thing called an Indian Apple pie. it's about 5" in diameter, costs $6 each...

it was the best goddamn apple pie i've ever had. so good i wanted to eat the aluminum tray it was baked in. the crust was like...molasses fruit leather..

Comment

• Vanna
                      • May 2008

Just made matzo ball soup. One of my favorite fall/winter foods to make. Sighhh.
                      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• aussy
                        • Jul 2011

sounds great, rilu
                        I love date treats

tonight I made roast satsumi imo, kinpira gobo, hijiki, rice and miso
                        glad I discovered this thread, my friends find it weird that I cook all my meals

Comment

• munch
                          • Aug 2008

had my poutine virginity taken here in montréal yesterday, at a little place called patati patata... wow that stuff is heavy.

also looking for some nice restaurant recommendations here in montréal, will be here for a long time so a big list of all types of food would be nice

so far I know I'll go to Au Pied de Cochon and Schwartz's, and Kazu. but also looking for cheap eats and stuff too. well not just restaurants actually, just bomb me with suggestions if you have any.

thanks!

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                            • Jan 2011

one day i want to know all about every cut of beef there is. cause they all delicious.

on a more serious note, why are cuts of meat with good marbling so hard to find nowadays?

Comment

• copacetic
                              • Nov 2010

/\

go to cowboy star in downtown sd.
                              And "When the prince has gathered about him
                              "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• Atmosphere
                                • Jan 2010

If you're going to Stockholm, you simply have to go to Restaurang Volt. It's the best restaurant I've been to here, delicious food (quite expensive, money well spent though) and a really good selection of wines. The highlights of the five course menu were:
                                Steak tartar, lumpfish roe, red beet, smoke
                                and
                                Reindeer, black trumpet, celeriac, spruce.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎