• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

And this:

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

Couldn't find a dedicated Antipodean thread, so posting here:
      I am going to be in Sydney and Auckland from May 7, wondering if there's anything I should see (shows, concerts, food, places). Been to Sydney 13 years ago, never been to Auckland.
      If there is a thread for this already, please point me there.
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

You should hit up Avantster - he's a foodie and an awesome guy all around!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

A series of exhibits honoring Robert Delpire. Amazing.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

^ one of the holy grails of collecting Delpire publications is getting all the photo poche books. but, i never really liked the format..too small.

I stopped by today to check out the small Thomas Demand show at Matthew Marks Gallery. Worth a peak if anyone is a fan. I would love to buy every print this guy made if I had the cash. Neat video install...

Exhibition walkthrough of "Thomas Demand" at Matthew Marks Gallery Matthew Marks Gallery Thomas Demand May 5 - June 23, 2012 522 W 22 Street NY NY 10011

Comment

• laughed
              • Jul 2009

i gotta see this. looking forward to the ws lang show at half.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Sarah Moon: Now and Then. At Howard Greenberg gallery in New York. Absolutely amazing. I seriously considered giving up all my savings and buying a print.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
                  • Aug 2009

^ if gallery prices scare you (no idea what her prints go for), look for her at auction (not ebay). you can sign up for a free blouin art sales index account and track past auction prices and history. sometimes people overbid and pay more than what the gallery is asking, so it pays to do your homework..

looks like you might be able to kop a print for the price of ccp leather..
                  last two moon prints did not sell though..

Comment

• Philipppp
                    • Apr 2010

looking forward to see:

test pattern [live set] audiovisual performance, 2008. Concept, composition: Ryoji Ikeda. Computer graphics, programming: Tomonaga Tokuyama.

Kazue Sawai is a leading light of contemporary Japanese music and one of the world’s most outstanding koto players.

and interesting Audrey Chen...

managed to find the show I saw this friday:

Comment

• lalilulelo
                      • Sep 2012

^ Great.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                        • Jan 2010

CRIME AND THE CITY SOLUTION is on tour after two decades of silence.

Anyone going to see them? They play New York on Monday.
                        THE HOUSE OF DIS
                        embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• lalilulelo
                          • Sep 2012

Friday

Roq La Rue gallery

Josh Keyes
                          "The Circus and The Sea"

Painter Josh Keyes is internationally famous for his work that blends museum-like diorama imagery with stark contemporary commentary of socio-political and environmental challenges we all face.
                          Keyes' style is reminiscent of the diagrammatic vocabulary found in scientific textbook illustrations that often express, through a detached and clinical viewpoint, an empirical representation of the natural world. Assembled into this virtual stage set are references to contemporary events along with images and themes from his personal mythology. Josh Keyes' work is a hybrid of eco-surrealism and dystopian folktales that express a concern for our time and the Earth's future.

John Brophy
                          "New Songs for The Standard Model"

John Brophy creates highly detailed paintings that blend artifacts from global cultures and belief systems and juxtaposes them with the overarching affects of western consumer culture. His extraordinary style combines the use of a computer as an art making tool (he designs 3-d models of his paintings as a guide first) as well as the intimacy of painting (he then completely handpaints the imagery onto panel).
                          Taking cues from the religious imagery of 15th century Flemish Primitive art, he takes their use of intimate compositions and understated gestures and reworks them using contemporary imagery to create surreal yet immediate new icons for the modern age.

..> i hope theres champagne.
                          Last edited by lalilulelo; 11-10-2012, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Who do we have in Poland here? This looks promising.

On the 15th of March CoCA is opening an amazing exhibition! WONDERINGMODE is dedicated to the interrelations between art, fashion, design and architecture, with special focus on the fashion beyond clothes. The work of Hussein Chalayan (one of the contemporary designers who in very accurate and direct way relate to the theme being the core of this exhibition: hybridisation of knowledge and productive procedures as way towards innovation), constituiting the point of departure of the project, is accompannied with works by most innovative and daring designers of the emerging generation, such as Iris van Herpen ( designing wild outfits for Bjork or Lady Gaga ), Tomoko Hayashi (creating jewelery out of human tears and sugar ), Daniel Widrig (using 3D print as one of his tools ) or Ana Rajcevic (author of animalistic masks), and many others.
                            Presspack including high-res photos can be found here:
                            http://mail.csw.torun.pl/home/katarzyna.toczko@csw.torun.pl/CUDA%20NIEWIDY
                            / WONDERINGMODE
                            INTER-RELATIONS BETWEEN ART / FASHION / ARCHITECTURE

Exhibition opening: Friday, 15th March at 7 pm

Special events in concomitance with European Night of Museums
                            17th - 19th of May:
                            free entrance for intense program of performances, lectures and screenings

Artists: Hussein Chalayan, Iris van Herpen, Marloes Ten Bhomer, Yuima Nakazato, Tomoko Hayashi, Naomi Filmer, Anna-Nicole Ziesche, Minna Palmqvist, Emilia Tikka, Mina Lundgren, Kim Hagelind, Ana Rajcevic, Ruth Hogben, Bogomir Doringer , Daniel Widrig

Curated by: Dobrila Denegri

In collaboration with: Linda Loppa, director of Polimoda, Florence / Kaat Debo, director of MoMU – Fashion , Museum, Antwerp / Helena Hertov, founder of Fashionplay, Stockholm / Annemartine van Kesteren, curator at Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen, Rotterdam / Stefan Siegel, founder of NOT JUST A LABEL, London

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Belcher
                              • May 2015

Acoustic Guitar

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                              Fuck same night as Laibach!

Hello Folks, At the request of my old friend Jim Thirlwell, I'll be playing a solo acoustic set for the final set of his month long programming of shows at The Stone in NYC Tuesday September 30 at 10 PM.

Go here for details:

My set will include 2 new songs (maybe a 3rd - I'm working on it), the Swans song "I Crawled" from 1984 (ridiculous to play this song on acoustic guitar, but I think it works somehow) as well as various Angels of Light and other Swans songs.

I hope to see you there. In keeping with the informality of this show, I've asked that the admission be $5.

Best To You!

Michael Gira
                              Why are you asking for admission for 5$? I could not understand it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎