X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unwashed
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
    but really, who gives a flying fuck. haven't paid attention to damir since like 2010.
    This..

I was just browsing to see which collection was the last in I was interested in. It was FW08/09. I was VERY into the 2008 aesthetic. The gap between those collections and post-2010 is very big.

I only bought Silent since then, because they sometimes have good basic stuff at decent prices.
    Last edited by unwashed; 05-22-2015, 05:24 PM.
    Grailed link

Comment

• Jtothewhat
      • Oct 2014

Damir Doma is actually one of the first real designers I was ever really into after being introduced to his archive by a friend..although a couple years after his 'prime'.. but the past few years (I think AW 2010 still had some good pieces, but really liked the stuff from aw08 and 09) I just wonder who he is designing for.... I have such a hard time imagining the person who is really into 2015 Damir Doma...Beyond that I wondered if something like this was going to happen because all 3 of the stores I used to shop at in Seoul for Damir Doma have recently (within the last 3 seaons) stopped carrying mens mainline and one has even seemingly cut back on Silent. Even though Silent seems to do significantly better than mainline and it is at a pretty low price point, it seems that you can pretty much always find every item marked down significantly at the end of a season somewhere.

Comment

• magic
        • Feb 2009

Sad to hear that.. All the best to DD.

Here is my favourite season from him and I think the best http://www.damirdoma.com/en/collecti...ng-summer-2009.
        Focusing on object details

Comment

• Vinyl Only
          • Jun 2012

No, No, No. I loved 2009 FW and Ss at the time, but
          Damir's best seasons were 2010 FW and SS.

Comment

• ian+
            • Dec 2011

Apart from the mainline, he even managed to fuck up Silent, I think FW12 was probably the last set of basics worth spending your money to.
            ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• HugAndWug
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by magic View Post
              Sad to hear that.. All the best to DD.

Here is my favourite season from him and I think the best http://www.damirdoma.com/en/collecti...ng-summer-2009.
              That coat in #12 is absolutely gorgeous holy shit. I think I might start looking for it...

Comment

• Nickefuge
                • Nov 2014

I really liked some of the looks from his SS17 collection (pics from Vogue.com):

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                -Paris Hilton

Comment

• jimmycs
                  • Mar 2014

DD is one of my favorite designers and have acquired several so far.

The only issue is that I find it rather difficult to find items most of the time.

w/ smiles
                  Jimmy

Comment

• aussy
                    • Jul 2011

Agreed, Nickefuge! I wasn't a fan of the women's looks, but the men's was a nice middle ground between old and new DD.

Also, jimmycs, I've found that yahoo japan has some of the best deals on old DD, so consider yourself lucky.

Comment

• jimmycs
                      • Mar 2014

Aussy, thanx. I do not peruse Japan Yahoo nor Rakuten sites much due to the size issues where I take size 4 and much of the items are well below 2. Have to admit in total, I picked up maybe three items from these sites in the past couple of years.

w/ smiles
                      Jimmy
                      Last edited by jimmycs; 06-20-2016, 03:44 PM. Reason: spell error

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎