• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Re: Damir Doma

I likesome of theindividual pieces. not a huge fan of the styling though,Ithink many of the pieceswould look better on their own.

the model's haircut is annoying as hell [72]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

i like the styling. makes it very much cohesive and gives a certain look. although that certain look isn't all that original. the first top looks very much like the ann demeulemeester oversized shirts from last s/s.
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Komakino
        • Sep 2007

I think you've also got to keep in mind that the outfits presented in those shots are outfits pieced together by Campbell that he thinks would be suitable for Komakino's aesthetic and not a typical overview of the whole collection.

I love the styling of his collections personally and since there has been a lot of bashing on here about Ann's spring collection then maybe this will fill that void.

Graham

For purchasing information please email campbell@darklandsberlin.com

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

Very interesting, thanks Graham.

I'll be looking forward to seeing more of this - very interested to hear about the price points.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• bakla
            • Oct 2006

Seven New York posted on their site that they just received the SS08 Damir Doma delivery. The collection is supposedly in the store now, but not yet posted on to their website. Interested New Yorkers might want to go take a gander in Soho.

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Definitely looking forward to seeing this stuff. If anyone in NY stops by, make sure to give us who aren't in the city a rundown. [75]

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Tiger
                Banned
                • Sep 2006

went to Seven a little over a week ago and saw few pieces. the SA was rockin' it and he looked fantastic.

sorry i can't give you guys a rundown cause i was a bit in a hurry but all i can say is, very drapey... which i love.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="merz"]Jun, what kind of prices is one looking at with damir? i mean, seven is hardly a good indication, but..
                  [/quote]

Crap, was in the area yesterday, and forgot to look. Of course one forgets everything after sampling Atelier's stock.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

[quote user="Faust"]

Crap, was in the area yesterday, and forgot to look. Of course one forgets everything after sampling Atelier's stock.

[/quote]

I took a look at this stuff yesterday. It was reasonably interesting, but generally over the top. There was a bomber jacket for ~$1050, some drapey long sleeve tops with button details for ~$500, two pairs of slim pants (one linen, one linen + cotton) for ~$500, a pair of sweatpants for ~$?, a double layer black/white tshirt for $250, a black tshirt for $160, and some thin cashmere scarves for ~$300. I only tried on the cotton+linen pants and the double layer shirt -- the pants were cut like slim jeans; the double layer tshirt was has a great seam down the front, and I wound up buying it. My issue with most of the collection is that the details felt too much like gimmicks. The prices don't seem as down to earth as people have made them out to be, but that might be due to Seven's inflated markup.

Comment

• bakla
                      • Oct 2006

Thanks for the rundown, Xadam. Although I don't believe Seven marks up their items nearly as much as other stores in the city. I typically find brands there (Raf, for example) that are priced at a similar or lower markup than anywhere else in NYC.

Comment

[quote user="bakla"]Thanks for the rundown, Xadam. Although I don't believe Seven marks up their items nearly as much as other stores in the city. I typically find brands there (Raf, for example) that are priced at a similar or lower markup than anywhere else in NYC.
                        [/quote]

It was probably unfair of me to imply that Seven's markup was high, as I have no knowledge of that; I was just reacting to the high-ish price points for the line when people have called it relatively inexpensive.

Also wrt Doma, the sizing runs large -- I took a 44 in the tee.

Comment

• bakla
                          • Oct 2006

Well, the prices certainly aren't moderate, that's for sure. Maybe the weak dollar has something to do with it too, but, especially for Spring things, it's a little up there. Will check Seven when I'm next in the nabe. Thanks for the update, though!

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Thanks for the report, Adam. Indeed, the prices are ambitious for a new kid on the block.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Yea, thank you for the report xadam! Those prices definitely aren't as appealing as I thought they were going to be...ah well.
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Avantster
                                ¤¤¤
                                • Sep 2006

Thanks for that, xadam. Certainly not cheap but given current market and currency conditions it makes one wonder what the markup is.

Wonder what the prices in Antwerp are like.

I'll definitely be checking out Damir Doma when I go to Tokyo but knowing the prices there, they'll probably be even higher.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎