X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: Sarty Mcfly's "inspiration"

to add to the jizz fest his obsession w double breasted pinstriped suits. agrhhhhh
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]i used to like the sart but he's a total fanny these edays. fuuma isspot on about his dandyitalianmeninsuitsjizfest....[/quote]

His pictures of the younger heirs of sartorial houses like Borelli and Rubinacci as greatsymbols of traditions mixingwith modernity are also a snoozefest.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• mass
        • Sep 2006

also i think elkann dresses kinda shitty.

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

i love that i wrote him a semi negative comment and he won't post it. 233 positive comments about how great he is.

Comment

• Avantster
            ¤¤¤
            • Sep 2006

haha, what did you write?
            let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="mass"]also i think elkann dresses kinda shitty.[/quote]

He inherited some great suits from his grandad though, too bad he pairs them with sports jerseys and wool beanies for that fashion-rebel look. On the positive side he ODs with trannies, one of the only acceptable life pursuits when you?re the heir of a vast fortune.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]

He inherited some great suits from his grandad though, too bad he pairs them with sports jerseys and wool beanies for that fashion-rebel look. On the positive side he ODs with trannies, one of the only acceptable life pursuits when you?re the heir of a vast fortune.

[/quote]

I wonder what it feels like to be a male Paris Hilton. To roll in one's own filth and in that of your peers, to have no redeeming qualities and to have worth only measured by money. I wonder if he wakes up feeling like an empty trashcan each morning, only to be filled again by night.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Fuuma"]

[/quote]

I wonder what it feels like to be a male Paris Hilton. To roll in one's own filth and in that of your peers, to have no redeeming qualities and to have worth only measured by money. I wonder if he wakes up feeling like an empty trashcan each morning, only to be filled again by night.

[/quote]

Honestly I see the situation as being totally different; he led (leads?) a decadent lifestyle but wasn?t necessarily trying to expose it and become this celebrity phenomenon like Paris. And he owns a large part of Agnelli?s wardrobe so it?s hard to have a better basis for a look. I?d say he?s more like a charismatic upper class hooligan, I sorta like him I guess, as far as public people I?m vaguely familiar with. As for Paris, I have nothing against harlots; I just find celebrity-seeking pathetic and her lack of charm appalling.

Comment

• Barims
                    • Aug 2008

Is this a Sart diss thread? Can anyone join?

I enjoy the odd browse through his site, but agree that he needs to give the young Italians in suits and ties shtick a rest. That 'Mamma Mia' one - I take it that is somehow meant to be inspiring to ibanking New Yorkers, or at the very least a facile attempt to drive up site traffic from the many willing female commentators posting about how cute they think he is? I get more inspiration from his older subjects, if anything - there's a brilliantly Twain-esque guy from a couple of months back in a light blue linen suit with a cream DB waistcoat and deep burgundy shoes who is probably my style icon of the year (the subsequent Junya Man S/S 09show channeled the same look to my absolute approval)

On the other hand, I liked Elkann's pre-OD looks quite a lot. Back then, he seemed to get that perfect tailoring actually stands out better when paired with perfect,well-chosen accessories. His current incarnation as a stylish traditionalist losing the war to his bewildered, scruffy, "trendy" Euronaff dark side is kinda engrossing, but ultimately disappointing. He's carving quite as a master of good/bad taste - Rei should base a collection on him [73]

________
                    ferrari information
                    Last edited by Barims; 01-21-2011, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Don't give Rei any ideas, Barims.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Barims
                        • Aug 2008

Better Lapo than Sebastian Horsley, Faust, no?

(I "met" Horsley at DSM in Feb. He looked at me as if he knew me, then realised his mistake and smiled. He was 100%"in character" that day)

________
                        TT250

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I don't know who the latter dude is. I suspect he is one of those London artists that Rei referenced in her infantile thumb-suckers collection?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Barims
                            • Aug 2008

"Infantile thumb-suckers" - I like it. He was the dude in the top hat who inspired the Edwardian-style suits. He wrote an autobiog called "Dandy In The Underworld", which details his habits of self-destruction, speedballing and sleaze. Don't think he's actually from LDN, though. I think he was there that day to excercise his freebie clothes rights (good for that collection only)

________
                            Kawasaki ER-5

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

p niddy has inflitrated the gap ad comments. somewhere toward the very end. [89]

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

i love the oxford transcends its former self in your oh so capable arms and breathtaking torso.
                                i wonder, what sublime heaven were you thinking of when the sublime found your eyes in a gaze that transcends centuries? brilliant. i wish they would color in blue eyes to take it to the next level...maybe next months !?

[86]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎