X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Who?
    • Aug 2007

Re: Cleaning

Alright, I had pancakes, dropped the knife and got butter on my blazer [71]. The dry cleaner is not open, what should I use to remove it without roughing up the material? Will dish soap be ok to use on wool?
    WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Diego
      • Aug 2007

Thanks for the info Kira. The jacket is saved, salt+sparkling water+detergent = success

edit - Thanks Joey, if the wash lady here at home is not careful, I might take over her job

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

[89]
        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• bestial
          • Jun 2008

Anyone got any great advice on how to make my Milk RO-trainers Milk again.[73]

They are now pretty yellow. Just some shoe polish or? Was given the advice to just use water and a toothbrush, but I think they are beyond that.

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

[quote user="Who?"]Alright, I had pancakes, dropped the knife and got butter on my blazer [71]. The dry cleaner is not open, what should I use to remove it without roughing up the material? Will dish soap be ok to use on wool?
            [/quote]

never tried it on wool...sorry

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• orphée
              • Apr 2008

[quote user="Diego"]

Thanks for the info Kira. The jacket is saved, salt+sparkling water+detergent = success

edit - Thanks Joey, if the wash lady here at home is not careful, I might take over her job

[/quote]

Salt = elixir

Comment

• Piffen
                • Aug 2007

[quote user="bestial"]

They are now pretty yellow. Just some shoe polish or? Was given the advice to just use water and a toothbrush, but I think they are beyond that.

[/quote]

A little late I suppose, but check this stuff out: http://www.sneakersnstuff.com/system...0&container=88

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

[quote user="Piffen"][quote user="bestial"]

[/quote]

A little late I suppose, but check this stuff out: http://www.sneakersnstuff.com/system...0&container=88

[/quote]

Have you tried it?

Funny thing, a cobbler fixed my heels and then I asked about some polish and he said "no, we ain't got any in this white", but the shoe is pretty much "yellow" so I got a little "huh" about him now I didn't want ém to be regular white.

Well I guess a rub down with some white polish, milk or not, couldn't hurt, better than yellow atleast. :)

Comment

• Piffen
                    • Aug 2007

[quote user="bestial"][quote user="Piffen"][quote user="bestial"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Have you tried it?

Funny thing, a cobbler fixed my heels and then I asked about some polish and he said "no, we ain't got any in this white", but the shoe is pretty much "yellow" so I got a little "huh" about him now I didn't want ém to be regular white.

Well I guess a rub down with some white polish, milk or not, couldn't hurt, better than yellow atleast. :)

[/quote]

Nope, haven't tried it, but I've read it works surprisingly well- unless you don't want to wash em' in your washing machine I believe this is the best option. If I'm not all wrong this type of product will remove dirt etc. whilea regular shoe polish will add color,which isn't what you want, you don't want to replace the color, you want to restore it.. But I honestly don't know, I rarely wear sneakers and if I do I don't care how they look as long as they function. But the can is cheap, so why don't you try it out and leave a comment on how it worked out here? :)

Comment

• melvinjoe
                      • Oct 2020

Seperate them with respect to the fabrics. If a cloth sheds color dye, split it and wash them seperately. And never wash cloths with towels and blankets. So first soak the clothes( seperated) into the detergent mixed water.Then soap them and rinse well. Dry them under the warm sunlight.
                      HY Supplies Inc

Comment

• perceptiveintent
                        • Mar 2017

How have you guys been maintaining your garments during covid because requiring multiple washes?

Comment

• haydn
                          • Feb 2013

I haven’t been wearing anything I’d consider “fashion”, but rather basic T-shirts and jeans as I’ve been working from home. But for the washable masks I’ve been wearing I’ve been using Lysol laundry additive instead of fabric softener and throwing them in the washer with towels etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎