X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • awlouie
    • Sep 2007

Re: Cleaning

[73][76][85][86]......You guys are too funny!!!

"Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
    -Bruce Lee

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

[quote user="philip nod"]some cdiem, ma+, RO shirts
      [/quote]

why're you washing cdiem shirts? weren't they buried by hobbits in middle-earth????????? you'll wash off the essence.

[/quote]

well, i will now add some advice from my experience. cdiem double layer shirts take twice as long...hahha thats obvious.

DON'T USE WHITE TOWELS. unfortunately, most of my towels are white, so there's a lot of faint dye bleeding which doesn't show up on the colored towels. now i know where to find the essence.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• pbt
        • Jan 2007

Anyone use Woolite Dark Laundry Fabric Wash? I've got some blacks I want to keep black which I'll be having to launder frequently enough and that I don't want to (or which won't) dry clean. Hoping this might do the trick.

Comment

• denimfan
          • Feb 2008

I would use an organic E Friendly cleaner. You can get them at Whole Foods or Trader Joes in the states.

Comment

• Kancil
            • Mar 2008

Might be too late for this, but prevention is the best medicine. In other words, hang your cherished items outdoors right after wearing them. I once had a pair of rubbery raf simons trousers which the dry cleaner's refused to clean for fear of ruining them. So I always hung them outdoors overnight and they amazingly did stay in clean-like condition for years (no joking!). Otherwise, perhaps use an organic cleaner.

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

i would take your advice but my clothes wouldn't be mine in the morning.

Comment

• awlouie
                • Sep 2007

Which hood do you live in? [76]

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                -Bruce Lee

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

hunters point

Comment

• awlouie
                    • Sep 2007

Yeah...I would'nt even leave the house if I lived out there! [79]

-Bruce Lee

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

a tip for those who have garments that stretch or go out of shape easily;

I have a few cotton knits that easily stretch when washing, on some the hem can stretch out making it flair when worn.so after I've washed them I put them in the tumble dryer in a laundry bag for just 5-10 mins on a low temperature. this often helps to re-shape the garment to its original shape. you of course have to be careful not to put them in for too long or at a high temperature as this can shrink them, so check the progress after a few minutes.

I've done this to a couple of wool knits but you have to be extremely careful, because even 5 minutes at the wrong temp can shrink a knit in half, so I wouldn't advice doing it unless you're veryfamiliar with how the garment reacts to heat. cotton tends to be a bit safer but I'd still advice to be careful.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

Whew...you're a brave man. I'm not daring enough to even look at a dryer while I'm wearing some of my favored pieces. My method of cleaning is almost identical to Albert's. It has never failed me and I have no fear of undesired consequences.
                        Originally posted by Faust
                        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Kancil
                          • Mar 2008

Okay, so I guess hanging your clothes outdoors won't work for you.

In Java they use 'lerak' fruit (husks, I believe, but am not sure) to wash fine batik, since soap would destroy such fabrics. I'm not sure whether this is the same as what is known as the 'soap nut' , which is used in Nepal and India. The husks are added to water to create a soapy, yet non-soap, solution. Check on the internet or at a local shop selling high quality South or Southeast Asian textiles.

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

when drying RO sheer tees, do you need to dry them flat or is it alright to hang them?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

I'd dry them flat... hanging of such delicate garments while wet could stretch them in ways you don't want and allows them to dry in that form. If you dry flat you can at least pull them into the right shape to ensure it dries that way you know?

It's how I do my RO tees.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

so this bird shit on me on friday, when i was walking around in joy at having received funding, typical pnod steez, everyones like oh its good luck, except that it shit on this LUC reversible cotton knit i had just bought from designersheep that is one of my favs, it shit on the side with the gray lsd effects, and i tried to clean it off w water and it left this water stain. so i hand washed it and used the smallest amount of liquid tide i believe and now theres blue streaks over the front only of the shirt. it actually doesn't look that bad as it fits in w the lsd look. i washed it again in only water and i think it got worse.

help?

edit: i think i didn't fully dissolve the detergent before putting in the shirt....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎