Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ann Demeulemeester Women F/W 08.09 Paris

Default Ann Demeulemeester Women F/W 08.09 Paris

I know Faust may be posting this at this very moment but here goes.... :D

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Default Re: Ann Demeulemeester Women F/W 08.09 Paris

Love this.

I like the fact it's cohesive with the menswear but it also stands out on it's own. Everything drapes and fits impeccably and is very feminine. Excellent collection.

I think this looks very nice... would be even better if I could erase my memories of the men's collection. The fact that these are concepts - or even individual garments almost - that were already explored and shown in her men's collection lessens it's appeal.
    For purchasing information please email campbell@darklandsberlin.com

[quote user="Komakino"]I think this looks very nice... would be even better if I could erase my memories of the men's collection. The fact that these are concepts - or even individual garments almost - that were already explored and shown in her men's collection lessens it's appeal.[/quote]

I was certainly expecting this, but to me it's almost heightened it since I find that this works so much better in the women's collection than it did for the mens, which to me was a rather weak collection.

[quote user="Servo2000"]

I was certainly expecting this, but to me it's almost heightened it since I find that this works so much better in thewomen'scollection than it did for the mens, which to me was a rather weak collection.

[/quote]

I think it's the reminder of how weak the men's collection was for me that is bothering... I think most will agree that her FW 08/09 aesthetic was much more successful for women than men. It's her vision, I guess... as a comparison with Jil Sander, I feel that there was more effort put into finding a separate personality for each gender despite obvious similarities in aesthetics.

Some of it is very pretty, but the more puffy looks are amiss. The more streamlined, closer to the body looks are beautiful. Still, this leaves much to be desired. Where are the COATS?!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Who needs a coat when you're already wearing 5 layers? ;)

this is sortah the best thing ive ever saw in my life.

PLUS i just go the hawtest belgian/model room-mate ever today too (you gotta see this goldmine fumma.).

i fucking love belgium.

Banned

kinda reminds me of f/w 04. love it.

I'm always so excited for Men's fashion week, but then the Women's collections come out and I realize menswear has nothing on the ladies. Call me genderist, but these colors and flower motifs work SO much better on the ladies.

yeah the mens flower pants will be way too big for me so i might have to cop a pair of the ladies ;)

i agree this looks gels really well with the ladies but i actually like the mens just as much.

this my fav, even though its one of her signature looks she carries over from past seasons

this and pretty much most of the collection would look great on guys and girls alike, and reiterating on fausts comments the puffy pieces didnt make me looks twice either

Supersize this and give me a spoon.

[quote user="Faust"]Some of it is very pretty, but the more puffy looks
    are amiss. The more streamlined, closer to the body looks are
    beautiful. Still, this leaves much to be desired. Where are the
    COATS?!
    [/quote]

I read fairly recently that many designers will not be doing heavier weight coats for the upcoming F/W season as a response to global warming. *shrugs* So there is supposed to be a heavy focus on layers, as Komakino had touched upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Definitely makes sense. I mean, all you really need in a line is one or two heavy coats and you're set. I like the whole layering thing because it can be done anywhere in the world.

Ann does it oh so beautifully too.

[quote user="Casius"]

Definitely makes sense. I mean, all you really need in a line is one or two heavy coats and you're set. I like the whole layering thing because it can be done anywhere in the world.

Ann does it oh so beautifully too.

[/quote]

That she does :-). Of course, layering Ann's stuff is an expensive proposition!!!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

These vests with the pleating are insane. Too bad I just know they're going to be $1K plus :sigh:

i hope theyre a little less. theyre my favorite from both collections -- the black mens one (last runway look) is gonna be my first fw purchase next spring hand down.

I realize this is an older thread, but I think we missed out on some detail shots...

Detail shots are totally necessary for this collection... and those boots are killer.

Thanks a lot for the closeups, gerry. Although the boots are over-killer I think [66]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

At my work I think I was the only fan of the male collection and now after seeing this I feel cheated... I remember reading somewhere Ann starts her design process with the male collection and works her way into the female collection. That explains so much; she's more or less void of creativity and inspiration until about half way through the men's collection and by the time she gets to the women's her creative juices are flowing and she already has the prep work like fabric taken care of so she can jump right into things... thanks a lot Ann, from all us cheated males... :(