X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Re: Ann Demeulemeester Women F/W 08.09 Paris

These vests with the pleating are insane. Too bad I just know they're going to be $1K plus :sigh:

music

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
      • Aug 2007

i hope theyre a little less. theyre my favorite from both collections -- the black mens one (last runway look) is gonna be my first fw purchase next spring hand down.

Comment

• gerry
        • Feb 2008

I realize this is an older thread, but I think we missed out on some detail shots...

Detail shots are totally necessary for this collection... and those boots are killer.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Thanks a lot for the closeups, gerry. Although the boots are over-killer I think [66]
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Brother Stasi
            • Feb 2008

At my work I think I was the only fan of the male collection and now after seeing this I feel cheated... I remember reading somewhere Ann starts her design process with the male collection and works her way into the female collection. That explains so much; she's more or less void of creativity and inspiration until about half way through the men's collection and by the time she gets to the women's her creative juices are flowing and she already has the prep work like fabric taken care of so she can jump right into things... thanks a lot Ann, from all us cheated males... :(

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Having read a lot of Ann's interviews I have to disagree, Brother. For her womens is always first - mens is an outgrowth of the womens.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Brother Stasi
                • Feb 2008

Oh well Faust, I do still remember reading it somewhere but seeing as I can't find my sources I am forced to hang my head in defeat and utter failure... either way I still feel her female collections are far stronger. Know of any good shops in NYC to buy her women's wear in manly sizes? (I'm not usually in the habit of buying women's clothing and obviously Atelier wouldn't carry it even if I was)

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Brother Stasi"]

Oh well Faust, I do still remember reading it somewhere but seeing as I can't find my sources I am forced to hang my head in defeat and utter failure... either way I still feel her female collections are far stronger. Know of any good shops in NYC to buy her women's wear in manly sizes? (I'm not usually in the habit of buying women's clothing and obviously Atelier wouldn't carry it even if I was)

[/quote]

I didn't mean to put you down, of course! Check out IF boutique and Barneys. I think her sizing has changed since she moved production, but I used to be able to fit my shoulders in her French 42. And, I agree, her womenswear is stronger, although I love that she does similar garments for both. My wife and I can match!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Brother Stasi
                    • Feb 2008

No worries Faust! I do love her menswear too, but a few of those
                    jackets on her female models just make my jaw drop in envy... And l
                    guess I'll just have to live with the fact that most designers who do
                    clothing for both genders usually have stronger female collections (not
                    always the case but a general trend...) Thank you for the advice on
                    where to find her clothing though! I have to be honest, for the past
                    couple years I've kind of been ignoring much of female fashion (maybe I
                    can blame that on not so stylish ex's...)

And in regards to
                    you and your wife matching: AWWWWWWWW! I would love to see a couple
                    walking down the street in matching Ann! I think that would have to be
                    the cutest thing.... Oh and if there was a baby ALSO dressed entirely
                    in Ann, well I think that would make my day!

Comment

• kira
                      • Mar 2008

These are my favorite items. I am not so keen on the hats though.The boots are slightly too much for me as well, but I love them. I love the layering and the drapery. I could live in these.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="kira"]

These are my favorite items. I am not so keen on the hats though.The boots are slightly too much for me as well, but I love them. I love the layering and the drapery. I could live in these.

[/quote]

and why shouldn't you?! [66]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                          • Mar 2008

ahhhh. i dream of the day when my pocket book could allow such a thing

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="kira"]ahhhh. i dream of the day when my pocket book could allow such a thing
                            [/quote]

Well, for starters, there is quite a nice selection of Ann's womens offering at Century 21 right now :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="kira"]ahhhh. i dream of the day when my pocket book could allow such a thing
                              [/quote]

Well, for starters, there is quite a nice selection of Ann's womens offering at Century 21 right now :-)

[/quote]

I always have the hardest time finding the right size there... but I will definitely go and hope.

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                                • Aug 2007

[quote user="Brother Stasi"]

No worries Faust! I do love her menswear too, but a few of those
                                jackets on her female models just make my jaw drop in envy... And l
                                guess I'll just have to live with the fact that most designers who do
                                clothing for both genders usually have stronger female collections (not
                                always the case but a general trend...) Thank you for the advice on
                                where to find her clothing though! I have to be honest, for the past
                                couple years I've kind of been ignoring much of female fashion (maybe I
                                can blame that on not so stylish ex's...)

And in regards to
                                you and your wife matching: AWWWWWWWW! I would love to see a couple
                                walking down the street in matching Ann! I think that would have to be
                                the cutest thing.... Oh and if there was a baby ALSO dressed entirely
                                in Ann, well I think that would make my day!

[/quote]

yeah from what ive read and seen she likes to keep things a lot more simple and str8foward for the boys cause were less complex and lets her imagination drift a bit more for the ladies as is pretty evident.....agree about the matching ann couples...my ex used to wear my oversized mens blouse(s) all the time nothin hawter than a fine keester in the demeulemeester... i kind of wish all these girls were my girlfriend at once and we would just walk around on the sidewalks and toss the frisbee in the park and share a pinte at the pub and people would look at us and be like 'holy moly.'

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎