Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eckblk
    • Mar 2010

As soon I figure out which one I'm keeping and rubber tap is going on the heel for now, later a full Vibram and rubber heel. (I have to ship it out to Firm for the latter, the cobblers in San Antonio are terrible)

Something like this in the end:

Anyone one else want to chime in on this- I was thinking the cobbler could shave/shape the rubber heel part to match the heel on the AV_Field boot/derbies.
    Last edited by eckblk; 06-09-2011, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Icarium
      • Oct 2010

Yeah the service that I got recommended to by awlouie did great work on my guidis/augustas and shaped the rubber heel to match each boot. Pretty confident that the guy will do a good job on the AV_Field style heel so probably doing that next week.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I just had mine vibramed, told the cobbler to shave a bit off from the heel to make it even, I didn't see any point in trying to save the uneven corner. this also makes the height with a thin rubber the same as the original heel.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• sargon97
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by eckblk View Post
          As soon I figure out which one I'm keeping and rubber tap is going on the heel for now, later a full Vibram and rubber heel. (I have to ship it out to Firm for the latter, the cobblers in San Antonio are terrible)

Something like this in the end:

Anyone one else want to chime in on this- I was thinking the cobbler could shave/shape the rubber heel part to match the heel on the AV_Field boot/derbies.
          I have a cobbler in SF that I use and I think is very good. I don't see any reason sending to firm for something this simple.

One other point, I have not heard before. Putting rubber on the front of the boot often changes the feel of the boot by making it much stiffer. I have found this especially with hard long wearing rubber and thick leather like on the Augustas. I have actually stopped putting rubber on the front until the boot has some wear. Of coarse with leather you have to be careful in the rain/snow.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

really? I never noticed this even though I've added thin vibrams to virtually all my shoes and boots.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
              • Mar 2007

I've not experienced anything like that before too.
              Adding rubber half-soles are the first thing i get done on my new footwears, it's the heels that i sometimes delay till after some wear.

Comment

• sargon97
                • Jan 2009

I did not have issues with this in the past, but noticed on the last two pairs of Augustas I had it done 2. Maybe the rubber that the cobbler used was too hard. The brand was Magna, but most brands including Vibram make different grades of rubber. Could be that my four foot is more sensitive, if its only me that has experienced this...

Comment

• holger
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by eckblk View Post
                  Here are some pics of the W3 in horse/deerskin. Horse is the boot on the left. They are extremely close in color; deerskin is actually listed as green but, I can assure you it is black. The horse has a funny dust-like coat on it similar to Cdiem's washed calf & is a bit stiffer.

*sorry for the terrible iphone pics/ will update will proper pics later
                  i saw the horser leather boots last weekend too, this are stunning!
                  i am very enthusiastic ...
                  Video

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT
                  SZ Stock ausm Arsch und entspannen!

Comment

• magic
                    • Feb 2009

just noticed the nails on the heel are actually an indication of size. not really sure but a 41 has one nail and a 43 has 3 from what i had seem so far..

anyone has done putting rubber sole on the heel part? not sure if i should shave to make it balance as it will at least need a cm..
                    Focusing on object details

Comment

• Icarium
                      • Oct 2010

That's pretty fascinating. Somewhat sad I covered it up with a rubber heel now. Btw, your pair is much darker than any I've seen yet! Beautiful, congrats!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎