Avantindietro by Maurizio Altieri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Avantindietro for feet

altieri is dead, long live altieri but only in moderation?

Comment

• matthewhk
      • Jan 2007

Re: New Avantindietro for feet

that white shirt with the dangling shit at the bottom was around 112,000 yen in Barney's Shinjuku...the leather shirt i do not have so much to speak against but that cotton shirt was really the epitome of the boring/overpriced combination for me. I tried it on, it's a fucking white cotton shirt, there is nothing special even about the fabric quality itself.

Comment

• the breaks
        • Sep 2007

[quote user="matthewhk"]that white shirt with the dangling shit at the bottom was around 112,000 yen in Barney's Shinjuku...the leather shirt i do not have so much to speak against but that cotton shirt was really the epitome of the boring/overpriced combination for me. I tried it on, it's a fucking white cotton shirt, there is nothing special even about the fabric quality itself.
        [/quote]

While I'm sure I'd agree with you about the shirt, don't you ever get that same feeling about Yohjis stuff? I know you're a huge fan of his work and it strikes me as boring/overpriced most of the time. Perhaps this can be said about many (if not most) of the labels that get praise on sufu and here.

Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

[quote user="matthewhk"]that white shirt with the dangling shit at the bottom was around 112,000 yen in Barney's Shinjuku...the leather shirt i do not have so much to speak against but that cotton shirt was really the epitome of the boring/overpriced combination for me. I tried it on, it's a fucking white cotton shirt, there is nothing special even about the fabric quality itself.
          [/quote]

i got mine at c21 for 200 bucks so i can get past the money issue on this one. the construction is awesome w his trademark stitching along the necklines and impossible to open hidden button cuff system. the cut is perfect and high arm holes are sweet. fabric is great. i always wore the thing w jackets so yesterday was the first time i wore it alone in the heat, and i was really impressed.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• matthewhk
            • Jan 2007

well id cop the shirt for 200, but not 1200 which is what i think that yen conversion works out to.

how does that shit end up at C21?

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

when he cleared out all his sample pieces last jan. everything was 46. it was pretty evil/sweet.
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="amit shoham"]

what do you do after you've created perfection? altieri of courseis not the first maverick to deal with this haunting question. like hemingway, he can start hating himself, drinking too much and eventually put a bullet in his head. like salinger, he can become afraid of the very perfection he created and just vanish from life alltogether. and like saul below, he can just keep going, keep doing what he does best and just ignore, or rather except, the fact everything he'll do from now on will be a "variation on a theme", an echoof his glory past, while stillhoping, deep down in his heart, thatone day hewill be able toachieve the same level of purity and clarity, or maybe even some new level of greatnes. and that, this third way, isthe most adorable of ways. looking at his new creations, one can't avoid the feeling it's not C-diem, far from it. but at the same time, one can feel the determination to keep going, and the brightness that still flows from his head and fingers. altieri is a true ninja, if there ever was one.3-4 seasons from now, he'll be giving us clothes that would make our souls fuller and our pockets emptier.

Amen.

[/quote]

Virtual signature. Too big to put it in the sig, but I want everyone to think of this every time they see my post.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]

well id cop the shirt for 200, but not 1200 which is what i think that yen conversion works out to.

how does that shit end up at C21?

[/quote]

They read SZ, obviously!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Monty76
                    • Sep 2006

Not sure if these are new but...

Comment

• raddy
                      • Oct 2008

The top pair look very similar to the needle and thread ones from last year. I tried them on @ lift a few months back. They were pretty awesome but at the time, yen vs usd was too horrible to consider the too seriously. They felt a bit fragile too. Fragile is maybe not the right word, delicate?
                      Looking for CCP Rain in 50, IS/MA+ loose trousers (IS S/S10!!)

Comment

• snafu
                        • Apr 2008

fuck this thread comes back to haunt me

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

It's because they are the ones from last year. He hasn't produced anything new for 09.
                          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Canaduh0415
                            • Feb 2008

what is the sizing numeric? 3-9 or something...anyone know?
                            It has been a very difficult year

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Yea, I think it goes 1-9.
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Canaduh0415
                                • Feb 2008

starting from 7 up?
                                It has been a very difficult year

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎