Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickandjulius
    • Feb 2014

Whats up SZ. I'm writing this from Tuscaloosa, Alabama (lol, I know). I'm a sophomore at The University of Alabama so Roll Tide and whatever. I'm big into the Rick aesthetic and Shucks is my biggest inspiration at the moment. I'm majoring in Exercise and Sports Science so I don't really fit in with the people of my major. Hope to live in New York or Chicago someday. And for whatever it's worth I'm a huge baseball fan so if you want to talk baseball, I'm your guy.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

We have a baseball thread. Maybe you can bring jogu back from the dead.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Caetano
        • Apr 2014

Hello SZ! I am from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Quite recently I discovered Rick's work on Farfetch (actually, it was a jacket, not the leather ones) and I had a click. That single jacket led me to a whole world of avantgarde fashion (kawakubo, yamamoto...) and my world tumbled down hehe.
        Professionaly I am a literature teacher and a huge art enthusiast, so my big objective here is to broaden my thoughts concerning fashion crossing the boundaries of art and why not philosophy.
        Concerning style and philosophy, my fav designer is Yamamoto. His approach to identity, life and "landscape" is overwhelming to me!
        Well, I guess that's all. I already feel welcomed to get to work!hehe
        “Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain." William Faulkner

Comment

• rickandjulius
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          We have a baseball thread. Maybe you can bring jogu back from the dead.
          I know. I told him if the cubs win the world series this year I'd give him $100.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Caetano View Post
            Hello SZ! I am from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Quite recently I discovered Rick's work on Farfetch (actually, it was a jacket, not the leather ones) and I had a click. That single jacket led me to a whole world of avantgarde fashion (kawakubo, yamamoto...) and my world tumbled down hehe.
            Professionaly I am a literature teacher and a huge art enthusiast, so my big objective here is to broaden my thoughts concerning fashion crossing the boundaries of art and why not philosophy.
            Concerning style and philosophy, my fav designer is Yamamoto. His approach to identity, life and "landscape" is overwhelming to me!
            Welcome. A literature teacher - I love it!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Caetano View Post
              Hello SZ! , so my big objective here is to broaden my thoughts concerning fashion crossing the boundaries of art and why not philosophy.
              You need to check Aitor's interview in the last SZ issue, you will love it!
              Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Caetano
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                You need to check Aitor's interview in the last SZ issue, you will love it!
                You mean volume 4, right?
                As soon as I get to the first city that truly matters, I'll get my mags. As I said, all this world is still pretty new to me, but I've been doing my homework!
                “Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain." William Faulkner

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

We offer volume 1-5 bundles with international shipping.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• richardono
                    • Aug 2013

Hello SZers, I've been lurking lots of different threads for a long time and didn't really brought anything here. Just came to read and see different people's opinions. I decided to finally post something here besides my augusta problem i had couple of weeks ago. I'm a 22 years old student currently in UK (pretty young i suppose). I was never a fashion or even an artistic person prior to university, I guess I changed alot after moving from HK to the UK (guessing there's more exposure to these scenes as compared to HK). Been loving art and fashion ever since then. Hope to meet some of you in the near future! Have a good one : )

Comment

• apathy!
                      • Jan 2014

I'm new here.

Interested to slowly work my way through the designer and DIY threads.

I'll try not to shit up the forum too much.

thanks!

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                        • May 2014

Hello there SZ. I'm a student in Montreal for the time being and I've been looking through the designer threads as well as the classifieds for a while now. Been looking for a place where i can discuss darker aesthetics as well as my favorite designers and i also feel like i can learn a lot from SZ. I recently bought vol 5 and am currently reading through it. I was actually really surprised with the quality of the magazine and i thoroughly enjoyed the first editorial in the issue as well as the Thom Browne spotlight. I look forward to learning more from the community as i develop my personal style.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by PurpleJesuss View Post
                          Hello there SZ. I'm a student in Montreal for the time being and I've been looking through the designer threads as well as the classifieds for a while now. Been looking for a place where i can discuss darker aesthetics as well as my favorite designers and i also feel like i can learn a lot from SZ. I recently bought vol 5 and am currently reading through it. I was actually really surprised with the quality of the magazine and i thoroughly enjoyed the first editorial in the issue as well as the Thom Browne spotlight. I look forward to learning more from the community as i develop my personal style.
                          Former Reddit mf users represent.

Comment

• youuishype
                            • Jul 2011

Don't know if i ever introduced myself back then, but what's up guys..

Comment

• halffried
                              • Sep 2013

I suppose the elegant thing to do is introduce myself, so, antipodean greetings everyone.

I'm a web developer. I've never worked on anything related to the fashion industry, but I'm always watching how my industry changes others - it might not always be for the better, but it's always interesting.

I like anything that's trying to be it's own thing, rather than widest-possible-appeal inoffensive, forgettable pablum. I might not enjoy it, but at least it's honest.

Comment

• Fokken
                                • Feb 2014

Hi
                                So i'm Fokken, same nickname on Sufu.
                                I will probably more reading you than posting but i'm trying to reach 25 posts to be able to posts some fits in the waywt and grab some advices and comments :)

I'm Belgian and i'm 20, student in Brussels. I made a lot of style mistakes by the past and i'm trying to get a good style. Gothninja but not only :)

Cheers !

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎