• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Welcome, new members.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• woupes
      • Apr 2011

Greetings... My name is Daniel, I am not much for posting comments, I like checking out the WAYWT thread and have used this forum as a resource for the designers that I am into.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by woupes View Post
        Greetings... My name is Daniel, I am not much for posting comments, I like checking out the WAYWT thread and have used this forum as a resource for the designers that I am into.

hey daniel. the site is what we all make it. make an effort to contribute as well. nice dog btw.

Comment

• other_animals
          • Mar 2012

Uhhhh i didn't realize this was a thread til just now? 2+ years later? Here goes nothing?

Zachary here, born and raised in the Valley (though i split my time growing up between Los Angeles and Hawaii). An artist by training, gallery girl by trade, with brief detours in production work (film obvi) and styling/warddrobe bs (fun fact, i worked on making what were essentially custom studded denim thongs for a hannah montana/miley tour at one point) . Inherited my love of clothes from my mother, specifically a love of the interesting and avante garde, and a love of finding ways to bring those pieces into part of an everyday warddrobe.

Besides all of that, i like comics, junk food (candyyyyy), art (i guess...), and the cats/frenchies of instagram. Pretty much hate everything else.

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by halffried View Post
            I suppose the elegant thing to do is introduce myself, so, antipodean greetings everyone.

I'm a web developer. I've never worked on anything related to the fashion industry, but I'm always watching how my industry changes others - it might not always be for the better, but it's always interesting.

I like anything that's trying to be it's own thing, rather than widest-possible-appeal inoffensive, forgettable pablum. I might not enjoy it, but at least it's honest.
            just read this. elegant introduction indeed. welcome.

Originally posted by other_animals View Post
            fun fact, i worked on making what were essentially custom studded denim thongs for a hannah montana/miley tour at one point
            awesome. pic?

Comment

• other_animals
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Shucks View Post

awesome. pic?
              just spent forever googling, couldn't find a pic sadly. During that time, I was working (interning) for a certain hollywood stylist and would just sit by her pool and stud anything and everything until my fingers bled. And then i would move on to platter painting all of it w/ glow paint

Comment

• stockmag
                • Apr 2012

In exile.

I'm Stephen, former conseiller at L'Eclaireur, rue Malher, 2002-11. Have been in self-imposed exile in Bristol for a few years now.

People don't wear black here. It's not funny.
                My Christian Dior I wore and tore
                Got fitted for a new Balenciaga.

Comment

• woupes
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                  hey daniel. the site is what we all make it. make an effort to contribute as well. nice dog btw.
                  Thanks for the welcome and encouragement Shucks, I will make an effort to contribute. btw I like your fits.

Comment

• Aurum
                    • Dec 2013

Design School Dropout turned Gypsy Street Performer, I've spent the last several years up and down the West Coast making bread as a living statue/mermaid/singing gypsy. Naturally, my skill set evolved (devolved?) from garment design and production to SFX makeup, wig styling and costume alteration. But fashion, my first and only real love, has been pulling me back over the last 18 months. It's time to hit the books again (fall of '15). In the meantime, it's a "real job", small local shows on the weekends, and serious portfolio building for me.

I'm very excited to have found a community of people with such interesting and diverse backgrounds unified by a vision of fashion as both a form of meaningful personal expression and a (more universal?) curated art form.
                    Last edited by Aurum; 06-03-2014, 07:28 PM. Reason: mobile device timeout

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Welcome
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TheArchitect
                        • Jul 2013

Welcome Man
                        https://www.facebook.com/arootsorg

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Welcome

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• aya1293
                            • Apr 2013

Hello SZ members.

My name is Stephanie (stef) also Aya (my Japanese (and middle) name). Half Japanese half Croatian currently living in Japan until September where I will return to my home and family in Australia.

I prefer menswear over womenswear 90% of the time which seems to weird my family (and some friends) out.

Nice to meet you all.

Comment

• TheArchitect
                              • Jul 2013

Welcome
                              https://www.facebook.com/arootsorg

Comment

• trentk
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Aurum View Post
                                Design School Dropout turned Gypsy Street Performer, I've spent the last several years up and down the West Coast making bread as a living statue/mermaid/singing gypsy.
                                Were you ever in Santa Cruz? (I'm guessing yes).
                                "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎