• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex1017
    • Jul 2015

Originally posted by falkenauge View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm 24 and from Switzerland but both parents are from Croatia. So in a way I always felt a bit as a stranger in both my countries and also in school. I just cared about different things and the kids didn't appreciate that. As I was lonely a lot, I've found interest in fashion when I was 14. Later on I wanted to study fashion but my parents prevented that because I wasen't talented at drawing/sketchig. So I studied communications (which was interesting) and now I work in an office for an international company where I'm stuck wearing a suit..

Well, at the age of 18 I fell in love with Rick Owens. It was crazy, different and totally how I felt. Of course I didn't have the money than but I did once visit his store in London and it was magical.

Now I have a steady income and because of my job frustration I find peace and interest in clothing even more. So I've very recently started to build my wardrobe. My honest wardrobe. Starting with Rick and DRKSHDW and now more and more Boris.

And instead of always being a consumer, I've bought a sewing machine and a serger as I want to make t shirts for myself. This made me appreciate clothing even more.

So yeah, clothing actually gives me peace and happiness in my rather boring and unsatisfied office world (my private life is good). And I hope that one day I will find a job where I can be passionate about my work. And I think it would be fashion but Switzerland is no fashion country.

Anyway, I really appreciate thia forum and all of you. I've been lurking for quite some time now and the knowledge and interest here is immense. This is something special.
    Initial sketches are useful if you are having others see the rest of your design through. Definitely not a deal breaker though. I suck at drawing so I doodle a quick "sketch", draft the pattern and edit the muslin piece I create and go from there. More sculpting than visual art I suppose. What I am trying to say is if you have good ideas, you don't need that intermediate step to make them come to life if you are a hands on/determined person. You said it yourself, you already bought a sewing machine and a serger, keep going. If this is what you like fuck office work DO IT! I know this isn't an intro but considering the content of your post I just wanted to chime in.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by falkenauge View Post
      Hello everyone,

I'm 24 and from Switzerland but both parents are from Croatia. So in a way I always felt a bit as a stranger in both my countries and also in school. I just cared about different things and the kids didn't appreciate that. As I was lonely a lot, I've found interest in fashion when I was 14. Later on I wanted to study fashion but my parents prevented that because I wasen't talented at drawing/sketchig. So I studied communications (which was interesting) and now I work in an office for an international company where I'm stuck wearing a suit..

Well, at the age of 18 I fell in love with Rick Owens. It was crazy, different and totally how I felt. Of course I didn't have the money than but I did once visit his store in London and it was magical.

Now I have a steady income and because of my job frustration I find peace and interest in clothing even more. So I've very recently started to build my wardrobe. My honest wardrobe. Starting with Rick and DRKSHDW and now more and more Boris.

And instead of always being a consumer, I've bought a sewing machine and a serger as I want to make t shirts for myself. This made me appreciate clothing even more.

So yeah, clothing actually gives me peace and happiness in my rather boring and unsatisfied office world (my private life is good). And I hope that one day I will find a job where I can be passionate about my work. And I think it would be fashion but Switzerland is no fashion country.

Anyway, I really appreciate thia forum and all of you. I've been lurking for quite some time now and the knowledge and interest here is immense. This is something special.
      I don't know what you do exactly but I imagine that it might not be that hard for an office professional with an interest in style to make the jump into the fashion industry. God knows it's fucking mismanaged and disorganized and could use some brains.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Glanton
        • Jun 2016

Hello all,

I've been lurking for quite a while and decided to finally join. I suppose first of all I should talk about clothing. My favourite designers have to be Alessio Zero, Daisuke Nishida and Taichi Murakami but I have a soft spot for anyone who creates knitwear.

Besides clothing, I also have an interest in film, which I study at university.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Welcome
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jimmycs
            • Mar 2014

Hello all. Do not recall introducing myself formally here even though I have made numerous purchases from the SZ members' classified already. Also, have not been very active in posting comments since the members here seem way over my head in their passion and knowledge for fashion.

Personal history is way too complicated and crazy to go into details here, but suffice to say that I am located in Tokyo/Yokohama and have been acquiring different brands lately. I am not biased to any particular brands but locally I do like Julius and others are like Rad Hourani, Tom Rebel, BBS, and the likes. Being a size 4 with foot of 45+, my gripe is availability overall in this land of 1 and 2.

w/ smiles
            Jimmy

Comment

• eric
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Please delete my Account, Faust!
              Last edited by eric; 06-22-2016, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• tyranor
                • Oct 2011

Hi everyone,

Just want to introduce myself.

My name is Dmitry and I was born and bred In Saint-Petersburg, Russia but for the last 6 years I'm living in New Zealand.

I never paid any attention to fashion, always wore casual boring stuff. But recently a friend of mine introduce myself to this forum and showed me his clothes and it opened my eyes.

It's nice to see that I can express myself not only with words/sound but with my outlook as well.

I was reading the forum for the last couple of weeks and found some designers really amazing. ma+, a1923, The Viridi Anne, CCP, some of BBS work. Fantastic stuff.

Also, I found a topic about people making their own shoes and it was a really inspiring read.

So yeah, I'm totally new to this but so far I'm loving it and already planning to buy some clothes from people from this forum. Unfortunately, new stuff costs a lot.

Thanks to those who are keeping this forum alive and I'm looking forward to learning new things and to interesting discussions!

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Добро пожаловать!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DKModum
                    • Jun 2016

Hello all,

I am new here but I guess that is obvious... moving on. My name is Dan and I am fairly new to the fashion world. It really all started with my wife wanting me to dress better. She has been a great influence on me and my style.

So I guess I am a fashion enthusiast... is that a thing?

I had been reading posts for a while now and figured it was time for me to register and join all of you. I think this will be a good place for me to connect with like minded individuals.

So again... Hello!

Comment

• Ahimsa
                      Vegan Police
                      • Sep 2011

Welcome.
                      StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• DKModum
                        • Jun 2016

Thank you Ahimsa.

What is the story with the "Vegan Police" title?

Comment

• Ahimsa
                          Vegan Police
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by DKModum View Post
                          Thank you Ahimsa.

What is the story with the "Vegan Police" title?
                          I'm a moderator, and a vegan.
                          StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• emma smith
                            • Jul 2016

Hii to all...............

I live in Australia and very passionate about fashion.

All time I surf new trends of fashion industry.

It gives me immense pleasure every time when i got my choice of clothes.

Comment

• Chronos
                              • Jul 2016

Hi,

I'm sorry for my english, I'm french
                              It's my first and probably my last post.
                              I subscribe for learn and found information on style Zeitgeist.

Comment

• vah
                                • Aug 2016

Hey,

Been hanging around for a while here but figured I'd join in on the discussions instead of just observing.
                                Moved to London in 2014, which was a departure from my "home" country that was way long overdue.
                                Last edited by vah; 12-01-2016, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎