• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Introduce Yourself

Here is a thread for the new (and the old, if you wish) members to introduce themselves. You can do it Alcoholics Anonymous style, or write a poem, or post a picture, or whatever suits you.

I guess I should start. I won't reveal my name, just because I don't like it floating on the Internet, and some of you know it anyway :-).

I live in New York, and I've been following fashion for about 11 years now more or less. I don't remember how I got into it to be honest. My favorite designers are: Ann Demeulemeester, Raf Simons, Marting Margiela, Yohji Yamamoto, Rick Owens, Maurizio Altieri (Carpe Diem), Helmut Lang, and Carol Christian Poell. I don't know what else to say...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • jj.still
    • Dec 2006

Re: Introduce Yorself

[quote user="Faust"]

I live in New York, and I've been following fashion for about 11 years now more or less. I don't remember how I got into it to be honest. My favorite designers are: Ann Demeulemeester, Raf Simons, Marting Margiela, Yohji Yamamoto, Rick Owens, Maurizio Altieri (Carpe Diem), Helmut Lang, and Carol Christian Poell. I don't know what else to say...

[/quote]

laconically [75]

But sure that more than half of the members there can post the same [83]

Comment

• jsp
      • Jan 2008

Re: Introduce Yorself

Well, I haven't posted anything until now so I'll give a shot at this:

I live in the Midwest and I'm a college freshman. I became interested in fashion around since 2000, particularly because I liked looking at fashion editorials in vogue, arena homme, etc. My favorite designers are Raf Simons, Hedi Slimane (at YSL and Dior), Helmut Lang, and Nicholas Ghesguière of Balenciaga. I really want to make my own clothes, but guess I just need the time and materials. I'm also aiming to get a BFA in graphic design.

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

Re: Introduce Yourself

i just wanted to fix the spelling mistake
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• aruva
          • Dec 2007

Well, I am based out of Chicago,but stay where my consulting assignments ( which can sometimes stretch upto an year!) take me to..Currently on an assignment in silicon valley.Much like the common denominator of this board, my interests would be in Carpe Diem, Ann,Rick and Hedi Slimane (pre 2005),Jun Takahashi...This board has shaped my interests in fashionand it's great to be able to learn from !

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Re: Introduce Yo' badass self son!

Weee!

I'm now a medical student living in San Antonio, moved down from Boston where I was doing medical research at the ol' Crimson. I e-met Faust years and years ago when I bought a Luster jacket from him (which I now regret selling too haha) via ebay.

Been into fashion since 1999-ish and things really got going once I found Dior Homme right in between Follow Me and Luster. After Hedi's stuff went south post s/s 05 the mayhem began as I got into Rick, Carpe and now it's MA+ and Poell.

Now, I'm a mere husk of a man that can do nothing but click the refresh button on SZ, and dig through yahoo/ebay auctions for hours and hours. I don't bathe, don't shave, barely eat and pee into a thermos so I do not have to leave my computer. Thank you SZ!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

Yo people the YORSELF IS SPELLED WRONG. ITS TRIGGERING OCD REFLEX

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]Yo people the YORSELF IS SPELLED WRONG. ITS TRIGGERING OCD REFLEX
                [/quote]

This site is making my stomach muscles hurt from laughing so much. Perhaps it is one of those day for me... am just a bit giddy. OCD REFLEX how does one control that. I can not.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

I fixed mine now :)

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Who?
                    • Aug 2007

Now that I graduated from college I am stuck in limbo, which looks surprising like Southern California. I am waiting to hear back from a few optometry schools but it looks like I will end up somewhere on the east coast. I only got into fashion after my freshman year of college. Previously I wore whatever my mother had purchased me or what I wore to play golf in but I had always wanted to dress like some of the classic rock stars but with a "dark" twist.

WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]Yo people the YORSELF IS SPELLED WRONG. ITS TRIGGERING OCD REFLEX
                      [/quote]

what are you talking about? [83]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

Re: Introduce Yousef

introduce yousef
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Re: Introduce Ramzi Yousef

see title please. kthnx

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

Re: Introduce Prostitution Rings To Yorself

[quote user="kira"]

[/quote]

This site is making my stomach muscles hurt from laughing so much. Perhaps it is one of those day for me... am just a bit giddy. OCD REFLEX how does one control that. I can not.

[/quote]

Yo you just gotta RESPECT YORSELF son!

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Re: Introduce Prostitution Rings To Yorself

/\ the photo and your sig make a pervertedly funny couple.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎