X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Welcome and don't be afraid. Skinny Puppy = respect.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• neverbleeds
      • Apr 2019

Hi all,

here Davide. I've been lurking around the site for quite some time now and never took the chance to present myself and I think it's time to remedy.

I’m 26 and recently graduated in Philosophy with a thesis on Paul Celan while working part-time in a multi-brand store in Verona (we sell Uma Wang, Attachment, Isabel Benenato, Ackermann, Casey Casey, Archivio Jm Ribot,…). In October I’ll start attending the Master in Contemporary Fashion Buying at Istituto Marangoni: anyone has attended that? Any feedback?

Speaking of clothes, I’m heavily into Yamamoto and Uma Wang and love Rick Owens (even if sadly I don’t own any piece at the moment).

Regarding music, I guess I’d have to say industrial, post-hardcore and post-rock, mathcore, and electronic (especially Oneothrix Point never, Aphex Twin, Basinski, Surachai and our lord and savior: Prurient).

I won’t list every movie I love but on top of my head I have to list Solaris, Inland Empire, Persona, and almost everything by Godard.

Hope to give a solid contribution to the forum in the future.

Thank you for your time

cheers

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Welcome - sounds like you'll fit right in!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• VicOwens
          • Sep 2019

Hi, my name is Victor and I've been interested in fashion for about a year now. I'm pretty new to avant-garde and high fashion, but I would like to get a better understanding of the designers, learn some DIY stuff, and maybe sell some of my clothes that I don't wear anymore. My favorite brands/designers are Undercover, Visvim, Kapital, and Ann Demeulemeester. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Ween, Tim Hecker, Gas, and The Smiths. My current favorite movie is The Big Lebowski. Thanks!

Comment

• reddog
            • Sep 2019

Hi SZ, from Sweden/Italy, living in Stockholm, 16 years old. Here to learn and develop my interest further. Peace and love

Comment

• Monologue
              • May 2020

Hello, I'm currently a student in a fashion university. Not sure what I want to do yet but fashion has captivated me for as long as I can remember.

I've known SZ for about two years now. Big fan of what's going on here, even if forum culture is in seemingly eternal hibernation. I used to participate in a lot of vBulletin forums and really enjoyed it, so it's a shame to be joining SZ just now. We hear a lot these days in the fashion industry about having a conversation and discussing 'what we truly care' about but it always feels like bullshit. I actually think forums would be really good, since there's anonymity, community, and discussion, but that's just my opinion. I also think a lot of young people would be interested in this but just don't really know it exists since we've been using Instagram for so long now.

As for fashion, my tastes are basically the threads you find in the designers section. My favourites in no order are Yohji, GBS, and Rick. My hobbies are reading and photography. Big fan of Baudrillard, and of course Matthew Reeves (check the avatar). I used to write about fashion as a creative outlet in high school as well, but now just keep most of my writing to myself since I don't want to deal with the flak in uni. Recently, I've been thinking about how the fashion industry's growing reliance on China in the covid era will mean more and more moral and political questions the industry will have to deal with. Also thinking about Amazon Fashion. God save us.

Anyways, glad to be here. Thanks for keeping the forum up, E.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Glad to have you, Monologue. And you are totally and sadly right - would be cool to have more young kids here. Feel free to hit me up on IG or whenever to talk fashion directly, but here is always a great place. If you dig deeper, there are so many good topics one could contribute to.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ZackJones
                  • Jun 2020

Hello, everyone! My name is Zack. It's a pleasure to join the SZ community. I'm sure our fellowship will be interesting and useful!

Comment

• round
                    • Aug 2015

I haven't been on here in years, I'm back, also hi faust.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Hey - welcome back!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• frobelgift
                        • Aug 2020

hi, I’m Rina! I’m 21, though I have definitely lurked here along with a number of other similar forums since I was a young teenager, and I don’t know why I never actually made an account until now…! I was a ~theater kid~ in high school & got into sewing/construction through costuming, an interest that was always intertwined with my fashion obsession, nurtured by forums like this and Tumblr way back when lol. I’m lucky to have a lot of friends and a partner that are all similarly into fashion (though it can be super hard on my wallet… they are a bit too encouraging when it comes to “should i buy this?” questions, lol), but love talking with others about it in general..

I like reading about fashion/fashion history (institutional access to magazine archives was a blessing) & writing about fashion (and the culture-or-cultures around fashion), especially in the context of the Internet - the growth of the Instagram/Grailed fashion bro crowd, influencer culture/aesthetics, & so many things following the logic of memes, lol. I have written and published some fashion writing in that vein, and after having finished undergrad (I majored in English & minored in art history+museum studies), I’m really interested in applying to fashion & textile/critical studies/history programs, especially ones with a focus on preservation-conservation side of things.. my other archival focus is the Internet, especially pre- (or non-)social media content/art…

I work for a luxury consignment shop atm so I find myself looking at all kinds of designer clothing pretty much all day now, but my favorite designers are Hussein Chalayan and Helmut Lang - Helmut pre-2005, obviously (I almost-routinely track secondhand listings for the old womenswear & actually have quite a few things to document & post in the archive thread). and I of course really like Jil Sander, Dries Van Noten, Veronique Branquinho, Martin Margiela, & most of the designers that already have threads in the Designers and their Work subforum lol. but I’m also a big fan of Gaultier, Mugler, Pierre Cardin, Alexander McQueen. & (more recently) the sometimes-funny trashy-glam of Tom Ford at Gucci, and many more… newer labels that I’m really interested in include Wales Bonner, Telfar, Craig Green (if he counts - maybe not so new? lol), & Bode. I love vintage clothing, too, especially from the 60s.

I like electronic music (love techno, miss raves/parties/getting ready to go out/dancing with friends), reading (love Jean Genet, Ishmael Reed, Pynchon), pop culture history. & perfume; being inside has made me a fragrance freak. This post is already crazy long/I'm talking too much about myself, but I'm happy to be here!! :)

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Welcome - sounds like you'll fit right in :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Monologue
                            • May 2020

10/10 introduction, love it

Comment

• Rundowntheclock
                              • Sep 2020

recently moved back to hong kong from London. working in art & design. always looking for PH*

Comment

• sard.wonder
                                • Mar 2017

Hey everyone,

I'm a fashion student living in Perth, Australia and have been checking the forums every now and then for a few years but i'm finally deciding to post!
                                I've always loved clothing for as long as I remember, but more specifically I was always obsessed with getting 'the perfect fit' and whenever I saw someone wearing someone I would try and break down what it was I liked about their outfit and how they got it to fit so well or trying to figure out "how did they do that". Pattern making is obviously my favourite class ;)

Iv'e always had a love for things that are well made and high quality and often found that in the most unlikely places and often in fashion..

I'm hoping to start a label when I finish college using with hand dyed & woven fabrics, and also sell sewing patterns - but who knows where things will take me, I also thought it could be good to get some experience in the industry for a few years too.

Guidi bought me to SZ ;)

Some of my favourite designers are: MATKA, Suzuki Takayuki, Atelier Baba, Samuel Snider, Paul Harnden, Archivio J.M Ribot, Elena Dawson, Universal Utility, Ziggy Chen & ESS LAB

Thanks for having me and hope to speak to some of you soon

A xo

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎