• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkweek
    • Apr 2008

Re: Introduce Yourself

I'm Thomas, 17 years old, highschool student etc etc

Truthfully I have no idea how I fell into loving design so much as about three or four years ago I had virtually no interest in it at all. I like Nicholas Ghesguière, Dries van Noten, Marni, Jil Sander, etc. Big architecture and interiors fan as well but I really haven't had much exposure to it beside what I see in magazines and the odd book.

I came to stylezeitgeist mostly because it seems much less like some hectic social networking site and more like an environment to learn and discuss what looks like (so far anyways) everything that I'm interested in.

Comment

• matthewhk
      • Jan 2007

welcome, thomas. yeah good pointthe last thing i'd want in a place to discuss fashion is for it to become a hectic social networking site...that's passe.

Comment

• Joe
        • Jun 2007

Hello my name is Johannes andI have just turned 19.

Im currently attending a highschool in Denmark. When im not studying, im working at a hardware store or playing football / practising MMA - and ofc. spending time with friends and the girlfriend.

As for fashion, I first started caring when I feel in love with the clothes from Acne, that I saw in some local stores. After a few months it felt a bit boring just to wear Acne, and I started to look for other brands - ended up with dior homme (and like other people here on the MSN forum). Started reading more fashion magazines and discovered brands like Number (N)ine, Undercover, Ann Demeulmeester and so on - but first really fell in love with this darker and different clothing(very different from basic acne clothing, and dior homme tops and jeans) when I visited the store ParisTexas (godI hate thedon'thave a webshop). As for now, im justso thorn on what towear. I like the whole YohjiYamamoto and CDG h+look, but just hard to find here, no to mention that I feel a bit weird when wearing them. Right now I feel im more into undercover, and number nine - as I feel much more comfortable just wearing black jeans, with a t-shirt orshirt/knit.But my mind is always so thorn, as I love both looks.

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

just wondering, i'm clocking in at the age the made jesus famous, anybody else gonna need plastic surgery before me?
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

^[74]

good question....not me though.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• matthewhk
              • Jan 2007

there's a store called ParisTexas...wow what a great fucking name and reference for a store. That's one of those things i see and go 'wish i came up with that'

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]just wondering, i'm clocking in at the age the made jesus famous, anybody else gonna need plastic surgery before me?
                [/quote]

i've broken through that barrier already noddy (the age thing not the surgery requirement), still "all natural". Of course jesus had the ultimate face lift, all those cuts being erased on the accension, and eternal life thereafter. (cf Nicole Kidman)

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]just wondering, i'm clocking in at the age the made jesus famous, anybody else gonna need plastic surgery before me?
                  [/quote]

i called you young and successful, i thought that'd make you feel better

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]there's a store called ParisTexas...wow what a great fucking name and reference for a store. That's one of those things i see and go 'wish i came up with that'[/quote]

Haha, Matt... its not that great. There is indeed a Paris, TX.

Truth or Consequences, NM would have been more baller ;)

... although there is a Lolita, TX.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Jon
                      • Apr 2008

grew up in the prairies, dropped out of university (chem. engineering, if anyone's interested), found a job at a shoe shop. couple years fly by and suddenly all I care about is fashion.move out west, worked for hideous corporation that will remain un-named, next thing I know I'm taking Rick Owens measurements for people on this website... dream come true.

besides that I've been working on a fashion design portfolio.

first "official" post.

Originally posted by merz
                      perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

[quote user="matthewhk"]there's a store called ParisTexas...wow what a great fucking name and reference for a store. That's one of those things i see and go 'wish i came up with that'[/quote]

Haha, Matt... its not that great. There is indeed a Paris, TX.

Truth or Consequences, NM would have been more baller ;)

... although there is a Lolita, TX.

and theres a brilliant film by the same name

[/quote]
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

i had forgotten to mention that!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• matthewhk
                            • Jan 2007

the film (paris texas, not TOCNM) was exactly what i was referencing in my original post...i thought it was brilliant someone would name a store after it. It's gotta carry Yohji though, given Wim Wenders fan status. Actually if i was to open a store called Paris, Texas it would carry Yohji, CdG, Lanvin, Raf Simons, JW,Number (N)ine, and then an assorted mix of custom made Western style clothing.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

pleeze have pet mascot armadillo 2 compete with Komakino frenchie

Comment

• Jon
                                • Apr 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]pleeze have pet mascot armadillo 2 compete with Komakino frenchie[/quote]
                                Originally posted by merz
                                perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎